Which guidebook for Japan?

Old October 4th, 2007, 05:53 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

Default Which guidebook for Japan?

Somebody claimed the LP is not very good. Which one would you recommend?
--

Alfred Molon
Old October 4th, 2007, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Bob Myers

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
Somebody claimed the LP is not very good. Which one would you recommend?

Oddly enough, I always recommend the LP.

Bob M.

Old October 4th, 2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
tim.....

"Bob Myers" wrote in message

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
Somebody claimed the LP is not very good. Which one would you recommend?

Oddly enough, I always recommend the LP.

I just take the ones that are available in the Library.

tim

Old October 4th, 2007, 10:37 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
geno.y

On Oct 4, 9:53 am, Alfred Molon wrote:
Somebody claimed the LP is not very good. Which one would you recommend?
--

Alfred Molonhttp://www.molon.de- Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe

Japan Solo by Kanno is my first choice.

geno

Old October 4th, 2007, 11:30 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

On Oct 4, 12:53 pm, Alfred Molon wrote:
Somebody claimed the LP is not very good. Which one would you recommend?

Time Out for Tokyo, and National Geographic for Japan.

Old October 5th, 2007, 02:58 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
gtr

On 2007-10-04 09:53:03 -0700, Alfred Molon said:

Somebody claimed the LP is not very good. Which one would you recommend?

I take LP which is not very good, but on the other hand has information
in smaller towns that others don't contain. When necessary, it's
invaluable. Even moreso: Gateway to Japan (Kodansha). If you're not
exploring odd/small locales neither is that important. Our all purpose
is Frommer's. though it certainly has it's failings. Chief among them:
"Dining" seems to be an aid in helping you find non-Japanese
restaurants. But helpful with hotels and sight-seeing.

There are many others: Tokyo for Free, and many others that lock onto
Tokyo only.

If you're going someplace far far away, I recommend going to the
library and reading through ALL of them. Then buying which the two
that seem best suited. I take the same approach to phrase books as
well.
--
///---

Old October 5th, 2007, 09:58 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
robin[_2_]

On Oct 4, 6:53 pm, Alfred Molon wrote:
Somebody claimed the LP is not very good. Which one would you recommend?
--

Alfred Molonhttp://www.molon.de- Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe

Frommer's Japan is a good alternative, although not as detailed as the
LP.

--
Robin
http://www.touropia.com