Coolangatta airport?

Old July 21st, 2004, 07:09 PM
Dave Proctor

Default Coolangatta airport?

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:31:09 +1000, Alan
wrote:

Neither I, nor I suspect the OP, expected this to turn into some sort of
flame war, but let me take a wild guess here - you're doing business on
the Gold, not the Tweed, Coast? The point being that the Gold Coast is
between the two airports in question, but the Tweed Coast is twenty
further minutes south of OOL.

Kingscliff actually, and occasionally getting to Chinderah and
Pottsville.

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/
Old July 21st, 2004, 11:02 PM
4000 psi

Thank you Alan you were very helpful ... i am in hot pursuit of a holiday
rental in the Cabarita area ... the agents seem to be a bit slow on their
feet though ... i wonder if they have more business than they "need" or if
it is just the local pace or whatever ... i am confident something will turn
up ... if not there is always Coolangatta for a month or so ...

p.s. i'm assuming that places like Golden Beach and New Brighton are a bit
of a drive from OOL ... or is there a more convenient airport for those
parts of N. NSW?

cheers!

"Alan" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:15:17 +1000, Dave Proctor
wrote:

As have I, I fly into and out of either OOL or BNE at least once a
week.

Neither I, nor I suspect the OP, expected this to turn into some sort of
flame war, but let me take a wild guess here - you're doing business on
the Gold, not the Tweed, Coast? The point being that the Gold Coast is
between the two airports in question, but the Tweed Coast is twenty
further minutes south of OOL.

Anyway, I don't see much point in further argument. I'm sure those
interested have enough info to make up their own minds now. Next.

Cheers, Alan

Old July 22nd, 2004, 04:01 AM
Alan

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:02:45 -0500, "4000 psi" nospamever wrote:

Thank you Alan you were very helpful ... i am in hot pursuit of a holiday
rental in the Cabarita area ... the agents seem to be a bit slow on their
feet though ... i wonder if they have more business than they "need" or if
it is just the local pace or whatever ... i am confident something will turn
up ... if not there is always Coolangatta for a month or so ...

p.s. i'm assuming that places like Golden Beach and New Brighton are a bit
of a drive from OOL ... or is there a more convenient airport for those
parts of N. NSW?

cheers!

Golden Beach and New Brighton are effectively northern developments of
Brunswick Heads. They are easy to reach from OOL, straight down the
freeway and take the Ocean Shores exits, but awkward from the Coast Road
that runs Kingscliff-Cabarita-Pottsville-Wooyung because you have to
return to the freeway to go further south.

Once you get as far south as Byron Bay, you are getting closer to
Ballina Airport, but the difference in service and facilities is
dramatic. Even Ballina people will usually drive to OOL for Sydney or
Melbourne flights.

I'll have a chat to the agents.

PS Did that.

Don't neglect Hastings Point as an option. Also check Diamond Beach
resort , web-site
www.diamondbeachresortsnsw.com, they may have one 2 br apartment
available at $240 wk, 8 week minimum. If you have any contacts able to
arrange time-share use, then Tamarind Sands could be good. Pottsville's
not bad either, and worth checking, but I'm biassed there :-)

Cheers, Alan

Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:28 PM
4000 psi

--

Alan, have you heard anything about a place called Sunrise Cove Apartments
located at 28 Moss Street in Kingscliff? they are offering an OK deal on a

i did e-mail Diamond Beach Resort ... we'll see what they say ...

Pottsville is pretty well booked for Sep. as far as fully furnished units go
.... we do plan to see it however once we're there ...

some people also said that Ballina is a pretty good place to live/surf ...
have you been there?

Cheers!

Old August 14th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:01:41 GMT, Peter wrote:

Pete, whose first experience of Queensland was at Coolangatta Airport in
the mid-Sixties, when the Gold Coast was indeed a paradise to a cold and
pale Melbournite.

And it still is, or at least the Tweed coast is :-)
Again, check the date mate.

Cheers, Alan