Sending Out An SOS

Old May 2nd, 2005, 03:11 AM
SOSman

Default Sending Out An SOS

What if your travel plans go wrong? What if you break a leg out on the
trail? What will happen to you if nobody knows where to find you?
http://SendingOutAnSOS.com helps you develop a travel plan before you
set out. If you don't make it back by a pre-arranged date, we send an
SOS message containing your travel intentions to your loved ones (or
other contacts). Hopefully they will come to your rescue!

Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:43 AM
Frank Slootweg

SOSman wrote:
What if your travel plans go wrong? What if you break a leg out on the
trail? What will happen to you if nobody knows where to find you?
http://SendingOutAnSOS.com helps you develop a travel plan before you
set out. If you don't make it back by a pre-arranged date, we send an
SOS message containing your travel intentions to your loved ones (or
other contacts). Hopefully they will come to your rescue!

From the website:

3. When you get back, sign in to let us know you're safe.

Finding an Internet 'cafe' which was open was one of the biggest
problems during our recent (Feb) trip to Oz (WA). IMO not a practical
approach for rural/outback areas, which is probably where most of the
"trail"s are. (Yes, I realize that this is posted from a .nz address and
also to a European group, but 'even' there my comments are applicable.)

If you don't mind, I'll rely (sp?) on an EPIRB (satelite safety
beacon) instead.

Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:08 AM
Waz

Have you got approval from any police? As you could sell this information to
someone who would pay good money to know when I was away and for how long.
Why should we trust you?

ups.com...

Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:40 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

SOSman wrote:

What if your travel plans go wrong? What if you break a leg out on the
trail? What will happen to you if nobody knows where to find you?
http://SendingOutAnSOS.com helps you develop a travel plan before you
set out. If you don't make it back by a pre-arranged date, we send an
SOS message containing your travel intentions to your loved ones (or
other contacts). Hopefully they will come to your rescue!

If one HAS "loved ones", what's to prevent doing the
"pre-arranging" with them? (WITHOUT any fee to some outside
agency?)

Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:12 PM
Jim Ley

On Mon, 02 May 2005 13:40:22 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

If one HAS "loved ones", what's to prevent doing the
"pre-arranging" with them?

Maybe it's for Mixi, he can use the service to let all of us here on
rte know he's okay next time he's travelling in some of the less
salubrious parts of paris.

Jim.