Fun stuff to do in Nice

Old January 6th, 2007, 09:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Carole Allen[_1_]

Default Fun stuff to do in Nice

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:21:36 +0100, Deeply Filled Mortician
wrote:

We are heading to Nice tommorow for the weekend, and I wanted some
input from you guys as to what I definitely should see and do.

Things like cool bars, good restaurants (not seafood), interesting or
odd museums, strange parks, unusual shops, nice places to walk, or
generally anything anyone found particularly interesting there.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com

I liked just walking around Eze (the top of the hill, not the newer
town below)
Old January 6th, 2007, 06:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JuanElorza

Le Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:21:36 +0100, Deeply Filled Mortician a écrit*:

We are heading to Nice tommorow for the weekend, and I wanted some input
from you guys as to what I definitely should see and do.

Things like cool bars, good restaurants (not seafood), interesting or
odd museums, strange parks, unusual shops, nice places to walk, or
generally anything anyone found particularly interesting there. -- ---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---

You can have a stroll in a food market, The Cours Saleya market in the old
town is a favourite. Old Nice atmosphere is found there. Typical food can
be probed there too : ****aladieres (pizza like onion pies), fresh
baked socca (chicken pea pancakes) and courgette flower filled doughnuts.

From 6 to 12:00 except monday.

Flower market, antiquities, look here
http://www.nicetourism.com/pro/FR/ca...decouvrir.html

More places to see and a lot of practical informations on the same web
site

http://www.nicetourism.com/pro/FR/ca...decouvrir.html
http://www.nicetourism.com/GB/som.html

I also agree with other posters about Eze village (take the bus), train
des pignes and Entrevaux.

http://www.trainprovence.com/index_provence.asp
http://www.provenceweb.fr/f/alaupro/...u/entrevau.htm
http://www.eze-riviera.com/

Many nice villages to see in the mountains nearby, but not without a car,
and, preferably not in winter.

Old January 7th, 2007, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
keybdwizrd

My favorite aspect of Nice is that it's just down the coast from Eze,
Monte-Carlo, Roquebrune-cap-Martin, and Menton. Spend an afternoon in
Nice walking through Old Town... the view from the top of the cliff at
the waterfall is spectacular. Then get out to the top of Eze, and
explore the vieux village of Roquebrune. Personally, these are a
couple of my favorite spots.

Old January 8th, 2007, 12:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

In article ,
JuanElorza wrote:

I also agree with other posters about Eze village (take the bus), train
des pignes and Entrevaux.

http://www.trainprovence.com/index_provence.asp
http://www.provenceweb.fr/f/alaupro/...u/entrevau.htm
http://www.eze-riviera.com/

Many nice villages to see in the mountains nearby, but not without a car,
and, preferably not in winter.

I'd never seen that train provence. Looks interesting.

Eze from Gare Nice is only 10 km so it should be a quick trip to climb?

Renting a car does get you to places like St. Paul de Vence and villages
up in the Alpes Maritimes. Certainly another world, just a short
distance away.

What about that cliffside road between Italy and Monaco?
Old January 8th, 2007, 07:16 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

poldy schreef:

In article ,
JuanElorza wrote:

I also agree with other posters about Eze village (take the bus), train
des pignes and Entrevaux.

http://www.trainprovence.com/index_provence.asp
http://www.provenceweb.fr/f/alaupro/...u/entrevau.htm
http://www.eze-riviera.com/

Many nice villages to see in the mountains nearby, but not without a car,
and, preferably not in winter.

I'd never seen that train provence. Looks interesting.

It is a nice trip, but not 100% convenient for starting in Nice. The
nicer scenery is at the "other" end, and doing the round trip in one
day is a bit boring. It would be nice to be able to stop off in various
places along teh route.

B;

Old January 8th, 2007, 09:15 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

wrote:

poldy schreef:

In article ,
JuanElorza wrote:

I also agree with other posters about Eze village (take the bus), train
des pignes and Entrevaux.

http://www.trainprovence.com/index_provence.asp
http://www.provenceweb.fr/f/alaupro/...u/entrevau.htm
http://www.eze-riviera.com/

Many nice villages to see in the mountains nearby, but not without a car,
and, preferably not in winter.

I'd never seen that train provence. Looks interesting.

It is a nice trip, but not 100% convenient for starting in Nice. The
nicer scenery is at the "other" end, and doing the round trip in one
day is a bit boring. It would be nice to be able to stop off in various
places along teh route.

The nicer scenery is at the other end? It must be stunning, because
the trip between Nice and Entrevaux yields great and interesting
views.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old January 8th, 2007, 11:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Padraig Breathnach schreef:

wrote:

poldy schreef:

In article ,
JuanElorza wrote:

I also agree with other posters about Eze village (take the bus), train
des pignes and Entrevaux.

http://www.trainprovence.com/index_provence.asp
http://www.provenceweb.fr/f/alaupro/...u/entrevau.htm
http://www.eze-riviera.com/

Many nice villages to see in the mountains nearby, but not without a car,
and, preferably not in winter.

I'd never seen that train provence. Looks interesting.

It is a nice trip, but not 100% convenient for starting in Nice. The
nicer scenery is at the "other" end, and doing the round trip in one
day is a bit boring. It would be nice to be able to stop off in various
places along teh route.

The nicer scenery is at the other end? It must be stunning, because
the trip between Nice and Entrevaux yields great and interesting
views.

Honestly, it is - particularly (IIRC) Annot (of geological interest, as
well) and St Andre Les Alpes, but not just the towns, the mountain
scenery. It would be nice if the trains were more frequent, allowing
more exploration along the way, with an express in the other direction!

B;

Old January 11th, 2007, 09:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Let is be knownst that on 11 Jan 2007 12:08:59 -0800, "didier
Meurgues" writted:

Try the city website : http://www.ville-nice.fr (in french only...?)

Note that we have long since returned!
--