Munich I'm in love

Old January 5th, 2007, 11:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Brinner

Default Munich I'm in love

I'm heading to Munich for the 2nd time in February, for 2 days before I
hit Austria to ski. The last time was only 2 days as well and I mainly
just wandered and ate bratwurst.

Can anyone reccomend some things I might have missed that would have
been nice.

Brian

Old January 6th, 2007, 08:21 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Horst Kolb

"Brinner" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
I'm heading to Munich for the 2nd time in February, for 2 days before I
hit Austria to ski. The last time was only 2 days as well and I mainly
just wandered and ate bratwurst.

Can anyone reccomend some things I might have missed that would have
been nice.

Brian

Hi, Brian

it depends on what you like.
You could try www.muenchen.de and switch the site to English Language (upper
corner of the page, left side) for basic information.

If you like Bavarian Beer and Meals, I recommend Weisses Brauhaus located
near Marienplatz.
http://www.weisses-brauhaus.de/anfahrt.de.php?node=0

If you want to learn about history and see a beautiful residence of the
Bavarian Kings, visit the Residenz, near the Opera House, not far from
Marienplatz.

If you are a fan of technics, go to the Deutsche Museum, and its new
dependance about traffic (cars, locomotives and more, but no planes) at the
Theresienhöhe, above the square where Oktoberfest is held in September :-)

Have fun!

Horst

Old January 6th, 2007, 01:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Brinner wrote:
I'm heading to Munich for the 2nd time in February, for 2 days before I
hit Austria to ski. The last time was only 2 days as well and I mainly
just wandered and ate bratwurst.

Can anyone reccomend some things I might have missed that would have
been nice.

Brian

Personally I loved Neuschwanstein Castle, only a short train journey
from Munich. If you like the outdoors the surrounding woods of the
castle are perfect for a days walking too (al beit it might be a bit
cool in February). A picture and info about the castle can be found at
http://www.neuschwanstein.com/english/index.htm

Old January 6th, 2007, 02:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
- Bobb -[_2_]

"Brinner" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm heading to Munich for the 2nd time in February, for 2 days before
hit Austria to ski. The last time was only 2 days as well and I mainly
just wandered and ate bratwurst.

Can anyone recommend some things I might have missed that would have
been nice.

Brian

Are you looking for "touristy " things to do ? Or just names of
bars/restaurants etc to pass the time?
To just hang out - play tourist
http://www.hemispheresmagazine.com/may06/tpd/index.html read thru and
pick your favorites
http://www.munichfound.de/events.cfm for "what's happening"
http://www.radiusmunich.com/tours/about-us for tours. If you've never
been, Dauchau is a streetcar ride away ( but would take one of your 2
days). Lots of ideas along the left of that last link.
http://www.kz-gedenkstaette-dachau.d...tent/index.htm
In town
http://www.schlosslinderhof.de/engli...lace/rooms.htm
If you are renting a car -
http://www.sidestep.com/travel-info-...munich_germany
for a list of places to stop.
http://www.neuschwanstein-hotel.com/...wangau-castle/ - bottom
right for nearby drives.
Since you like skiing ...
http://www.zugspitze.de/livecams/index_en.php
if you're going to be there on one of those dates listed on the left,
maybe have breakfast/dinner there.
Sure you only want 2 days there ?

Old January 7th, 2007, 04:34 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
keybdwizrd

We just spent five days in Prague over Christmas, and then went to
Munich for a couple of days. We took a day trip to Neuschwanstein
Castle (and the surrounding area), and it was absolutely gorgeous. Our
hotel arranged for advance tickets, which was a good thing, because
people were being turned away at the Castle who didn't have them.

By the way, Prague is simply awesome. We loved it there, and plan to
go back.

Old January 8th, 2007, 07:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Brinner

- Bobb - wrote:
"Brinner" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

All great stuff Bobb thanks. Unfortunatly 2 days is all I have, i'm
travelling with a group down to Saafelden in Austria to get some
skiing done.

I am mainly going to concentrate on the wandering/eating/drinking side
of Munich again unfortunatly. I am trying to convince some people to do
a week in Munich with me in the summer to see it in all its glory. Love
the place.

Thanks to everyone else as well, suggestions taken on board.

Brian