Curfew in Nakuru

Old February 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

Default Curfew in Nakuru

There is still a curfew in place from dusk to dawn in Nakuru, this was
confirmed in the Kenya press by the District Commissioner on February
21st. 2008.
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson
Old February 21st, 2008, 07:05 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Hans-Georg Michna

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:24:54 +0000, Pat Anderson wrote:

There is still a curfew in place from dusk to dawn in Nakuru, this was
confirmed in the Kenya press by the District Commissioner on February
21st. 2008.

Pat,

thanks. I hear that too.

It looks as if our africalady puts her business profit above the
truth. I don't use my killfile often, but this is one way to get
into it.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:27 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

In message , Hans-Georg
Michna writes
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:24:54 +0000, Pat Anderson wrote:

There is still a curfew in place from dusk to dawn in Nakuru, this was
confirmed in the Kenya press by the District Commissioner on February
21st. 2008.

Pat,

thanks. I hear that too.

It looks as if our africalady puts her business profit above the
truth. I don't use my killfile often, but this is one way to get
into it.

Hans-Georg

If you remember Abdul Yakub, or Chifu as he is known, used to post on
soc.culture.kenya, I`m still active on his Yahoo group, Mwananchi, I
saw a post there re curfew in Nakuru. Like you I`m watching the news
daily on Kenya and can`t believe what has been happening in the country
we know and love.
I`m not sure who the africalady is!
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

In message , Hans-Georg
Michna writes
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:24:54 +0000, Pat Anderson wrote:

There is still a curfew in place from dusk to dawn in Nakuru, this was
confirmed in the Kenya press by the District Commissioner on February
21st. 2008.

Pat,

thanks. I hear that too.

It looks as if our africalady puts her business profit above the
truth. I don't use my killfile often, but this is one way to get
into it.

Hans-Georg

Hans- Georg,
If you check on soc.culture.kenya you will see that Chifu has a post
about a Kenya group.
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson
Old February 23rd, 2008, 12:58 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Hans-Georg Michna

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:27:31 +0000, Pat Anderson wrote:

his Yahoo group

Pat,

I don't use Yahoo groups. I prefer public newsgroups like this
here.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:23 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

In message , Hans-Georg
Michna writes
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:27:31 +0000, Pat Anderson wrote:

his Yahoo group

Pat,

I don't use Yahoo groups. I prefer public newsgroups like this
here.

Hans-Georg

OK, Hans Georg,
I have been on Mwananchi since Chifu invited me over seven years ago,
it has been rough at times! During all my years in Nigeria and Kenya I
never found anything other than a welcome and friendly people, on
Mwananchi I have discovered, because I`m British, that it is a different
story with some people! Most of the group members ( Africans) live in
the US or Canada.
Best wishes,
Pat.

--