A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Other Travel Groups » Travel - anything else not covered
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Dankblog: Provo - April 5, 2010



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:40 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.religion.mormon,rec.travel.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.satanism
Dänk 1010011010
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 17
Default Dankblog: Provo - April 5, 2010

Dankblog: Provo - April 5, 2010

Utah has to be the most retarded place on earth. I thought Texas was
retarded enough when I lived there, but Utah takes it to a whole new
level.

California is fun because it is so diverse. Utah is the exact
opposite of diverse, and is about as much fun as a root canal on
acid. San Francisco is the most multicultural city in the country,
and Provo is the anti-San Francisco.

Some people criticize diversity, but if you want to know what life is
like without it, come to Utah. There is no diversity or
multiculturalism here. Everything and everyone is exactly the same,
every day is exactly the same. Sometimes I wonder if this might be
purgatory, the mythical place between heaven and hell where lost souls
go to spend the rest of eternity.

The saddest thing about Utah is that it seems so representative of
American white culture. Everyone looks the same, they all dress the
same, everyone shops at the same chain stores in the same strip malls,
the same Wal-Marts and Costcos dot the landscape, and the most
sophisticated cuisine seems to be Arby's, Wendy's, McDonalds, and when
they really want exotic, Panda Express.

But even the whitest communities in other parts of the USA have some
diversity of religion, but everyone in Utah belongs to the same
religious cult, the LDS or Mormon church. There seems to be a Mormon
church every few blocks, and sometimes I have seen two of them right
next to each other. They are like public schools, you attend the one
you are assigned to, there is no choice in the matter.

The official symbol of both the state of Utah and the LDS cult is a
beehive, which is appropriate since Mormon society is a collective,
very much like an insect colony. As with other religions, devoutness
varies widely, but a good Mormon lives for the hive, and like a bee,
it is the reason for his very existence.

Utah is rather like a science fiction movie. Possible comparisons
include the episode of Star Trek where Kirk and Spock beam down to an
old west planet where everyone acts like a robot and keep asking if
they are "of the body." Kirk eventually discovers they are being
controlled by an ancient computer. "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"
is another good one, alien pod creatures that only look like human
beings, or "Children of the Damned," with the sinister white-haired
alien children. But I think the best comparison is to "The Stepford
Wives," set in the fictional town of Stepford which is so perfect,
everybody is so ****in' perfect, because they are robots.

There is some ****tard who repeatedly accuses me of lying about my
travels, which is one reason I'm posting this blog to the Usenet
archives, with a timestamp which can be used as evidence. Further
evidence are the following photographs with visible dates contained
within, such as newspapers, electronic sign displays, etc.:

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...-111436mdt.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...1436mdt-z1.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...1436mdt-z2.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...-120144mdt.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...20144mdt-z.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...-123343mdt.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...23343mdt-z.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...-114601mdt.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...14601mdt-z.jpg

More Provo photos at:
http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...66/utah/provo/
  #2  
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:45 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.religion.mormon,rec.travel.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.satanism
5415 Dead, 548 since 1/20/09
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Dankblog: Provo - April 5, 2010

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:40:14 -0700 (PDT), Dänk 1010011010
wrote:

Dankblog: Provo - April 5, 2010

Utah has to be the most retarded place on earth. I thought Texas was
retarded enough when I lived there, but Utah takes it to a whole new
level.

California is fun because it is so diverse. Utah is the exact
opposite of diverse, and is about as much fun as a root canal on
acid. San Francisco is the most multicultural city in the country,
and Provo is the anti-San Francisco.

Some people criticize diversity, but if you want to know what life is
like without it, come to Utah. There is no diversity or
multiculturalism here. Everything and everyone is exactly the same,
every day is exactly the same. Sometimes I wonder if this might be
purgatory, the mythical place between heaven and hell where lost souls
go to spend the rest of eternity.

The saddest thing about Utah is that it seems so representative of
American white culture. Everyone looks the same, they all dress the
same, everyone shops at the same chain stores in the same strip malls,
the same Wal-Marts and Costcos dot the landscape, and the most
sophisticated cuisine seems to be Arby's, Wendy's, McDonalds, and when
they really want exotic, Panda Express.

But even the whitest communities in other parts of the USA have some
diversity of religion, but everyone in Utah belongs to the same
religious cult, the LDS or Mormon church. There seems to be a Mormon
church every few blocks, and sometimes I have seen two of them right
next to each other. They are like public schools, you attend the one
you are assigned to, there is no choice in the matter.

The official symbol of both the state of Utah and the LDS cult is a
beehive, which is appropriate since Mormon society is a collective,
very much like an insect colony. As with other religions, devoutness
varies widely, but a good Mormon lives for the hive, and like a bee,
it is the reason for his very existence.

Utah is rather like a science fiction movie. Possible comparisons
include the episode of Star Trek where Kirk and Spock beam down to an
old west planet where everyone acts like a robot and keep asking if
they are "of the body." Kirk eventually discovers they are being
controlled by an ancient computer. "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"
is another good one, alien pod creatures that only look like human
beings, or "Children of the Damned," with the sinister white-haired
alien children. But I think the best comparison is to "The Stepford
Wives," set in the fictional town of Stepford which is so perfect,
everybody is so ****in' perfect, because they are robots.

There is some ****tard who repeatedly accuses me of lying about my
travels, which is one reason I'm posting this blog to the Usenet
archives, with a timestamp which can be used as evidence. Further
evidence are the following photographs with visible dates contained
within, such as newspapers, electronic sign displays, etc.:


You're safe. Nobody in their right mind would brag about going to
Utah.

You probably aren't in your right mind, but I doubt even you think
that Utah is going to impress anyone.

I've been to Fresno, you know. Would you like to see my slides?

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...-111436mdt.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...1436mdt-z1.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...1436mdt-z2.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...-120144mdt.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...20144mdt-z.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...-123343mdt.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...23343mdt-z.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...-114601mdt.jpg
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...14601mdt-z.jpg

More Provo photos at:
http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...66/utah/provo/

  #3  
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:15 AM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.religion.mormon,rec.travel.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.satanism
Dänk 1010011010
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 17
Default Dankblog: Provo - April 5, 2010

On Apr 5, 3:45*pm, "5415 Dead, 548 since 1/20/09"
wrote:
I've been to Fresno, you know. *Would you like to see my slides?


I've been to Cambodia, and since you refuse to look at my slides, I
refuse to look at yours.

I also believe you are lying about having been to Fresno, since you've
been too fat to leave your trailer in over a decade. At least I can
prove I've been to Vietnam and Cambodia last December, and Austria,
Slovakia, Hungary, and Serbia in October, all while you were sitting
in your trailer posting rants to the Internet in your underwear.

If anyone cares, 5415 Dead aka Bryan Zepp Jamieson is a ****tard who
has been accusing me of lying about two trips I took last year, one to
Eastern Europe and the other to Southeast Asia. Zepp seemed offended
by a story told to me by a Cambodian tour guide which described the
murder of schoolchildren by the Khmer Rouge - presumably because it
portrayed socialism in a negative light - so he accused me of making
up the story and accused me of lying about even having been to
Cambodia.

As with all subjects known to mankind, Zepp is also an expert on the
Cambodian People's Revolution, and knows that the Khmer Rouge was
benevolent, generous, kind, and progressive as all socialists are.
Unpleasant things like genocide could not possibly exist in a
socialist workers' paradise, so the Cambodians who remember such
atrocities must be lying about it.

Here is a selection of my own tourist photographs, a subset from my
other Photobucket albums, which contain visible dates that correspond
to the dates in my timestamped Usenet posts. This may seem obsessive,
but Zepp has accused me of downloading "out-of-season stock photos"
off the Internet. Just in case, I have included scans of my passport
and visa stamps:

http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...a666/datetime/
http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...a666/cambodia/
http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...ta666/vietnam/

And here are my timestamped Usenet postings from Vietnam:

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...34914f84?hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...1faafd35?hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...a6e28ae6?hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...06a68846?hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...e77eedcc?hl=en
  #4  
Old April 6th, 2010, 02:18 AM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.religion.mormon,rec.travel.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.satanism
5415 Dead, 548 since 1/20/09
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Dankblog: Provo - April 5, 2010

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 17:15:33 -0700 (PDT), Dänk 1010011010
wrote:

On Apr 5, 3:45*pm, "5415 Dead, 548 since 1/20/09"
wrote:
I've been to Fresno, you know. *Would you like to see my slides?


I've been to Cambodia, and since you refuse to look at my slides, I
refuse to look at yours.


But this is FRESNO! You don't know what your missing, bubbles.

I also believe you are lying about having been to Fresno, since you've
been too fat to leave your trailer in over a decade.


Now, you see, there's the difference. I'm secure enough that I don't
give a rat's ass if you believe me or not. You just aren't important.

At least I can
prove I've been to Vietnam and Cambodia last December, and Austria,
Slovakia, Hungary, and Serbia in October, all while you were sitting
in your trailer posting rants to the Internet in your underwear.

If anyone cares, 5415 Dead aka Bryan Zepp Jamieson is a ****tard who
has been accusing me of lying about two trips I took last year, one to
Eastern Europe and the other to Southeast Asia. Zepp seemed offended
by a story told to me by a Cambodian tour guide which described the
murder of schoolchildren by the Khmer Rouge - presumably because it
portrayed socialism in a negative light - so he accused me of making
up the story and accused me of lying about even having been to
Cambodia.

As with all subjects known to mankind, Zepp is also an expert on the
Cambodian People's Revolution, and knows that the Khmer Rouge was
benevolent, generous, kind, and progressive as all socialists are.
Unpleasant things like genocide could not possibly exist in a
socialist workers' paradise, so the Cambodians who remember such
atrocities must be lying about it.

Here is a selection of my own tourist photographs, a subset from my
other Photobucket albums, which contain visible dates that correspond
to the dates in my timestamped Usenet posts. This may seem obsessive,
but Zepp has accused me of downloading "out-of-season stock photos"
off the Internet. Just in case, I have included scans of my passport
and visa stamps:

http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...a666/datetime/
http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...a666/cambodia/
http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...ta666/vietnam/

And here are my timestamped Usenet postings from Vietnam:

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...34914f84?hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...1faafd35?hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...a6e28ae6?hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...06a68846?hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...e77eedcc?hl=en

  #5  
Old April 6th, 2010, 04:40 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.religion.mormon,rec.travel.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.satanism
Dänk 1010011010
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 17
Default Dankblog: Provo - April 5, 2010

On Apr 5, 7:18*pm, "5415 Dead, 548 since 1/20/09"
wrote:
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 17:15:33 -0700 (PDT), Dänk 1010011010

wrote:
On Apr 5, 3:45*pm, "5415 Dead, 548 since 1/20/09"
wrote:
I've been to Fresno, you know. *Would you like to see my slides?


I've been to Cambodia, and since you refuse to look at my slides, I
refuse to look at yours.


But this is FRESNO! *You don't know what your missing, bubbles.


I've been through Fresno several times, most recently last April. I
also have a few photos, which I will post when I get home.



I also believe you are lying about having been to Fresno, since you've
been too fat to leave your trailer in over a decade.


Now, you see, there's the difference. *I'm secure enough that I don't
give a rat's ass if you believe me or not. *You just aren't important.


I'm more important than you, and my opinion on any subject is more
valid than yours. You are unimportant - an ignorant whiny little
leftard who is incapable of independent thought, reduced to chanting
slogans fed to you by your Party handlers.





*At least I can

prove I've been to Vietnam and Cambodia last December, and Austria,
Slovakia, Hungary, and Serbia in October, all while you were sitting
in your trailer posting rants to the Internet in your underwear.


If anyone cares, 5415 Dead aka Bryan Zepp Jamieson is a ****tard who
has been accusing me of lying about two trips I took last year, one to
Eastern Europe and the other to Southeast Asia. *Zepp seemed offended
by a story told to me by a Cambodian tour guide which described the
murder of schoolchildren by the Khmer Rouge - presumably because it
portrayed socialism in a negative light - so he accused me of making
up the story and accused me of lying about even having been to
Cambodia.


As with all subjects known to mankind, Zepp is also an expert on the
Cambodian People's Revolution, and knows that the Khmer Rouge was
benevolent, generous, kind, and progressive as all socialists are.
Unpleasant things like genocide could not possibly exist in a
socialist workers' paradise, so the Cambodians who remember such
atrocities must be lying about it.


Here is a selection of my own tourist photographs, a subset from my
other Photobucket albums, which contain visible dates that correspond
to the dates in my timestamped Usenet posts. *This may seem obsessive,
but Zepp has accused me of downloading "out-of-season stock photos"
off the Internet. *Just in case, I have included scans of my passport
and visa stamps:


http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...a666/datetime/
http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...a666/cambodia/
http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...ta666/vietnam/


And here are my timestamped Usenet postings from Vietnam:


http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...hread/thread/2...
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...hread/thread/e...
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...hread/thread/1...
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...hread/thread/9...
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...hread/thread/4...


  #6  
Old April 6th, 2010, 05:54 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.religion.mormon,rec.travel.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.satanism
5415 Dead, 548 since 1/20/09
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Dankblog: Provo - April 5, 2010

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 08:40:33 -0700 (PDT), Dänk 1010011010
wrote:

On Apr 5, 7:18*pm, "5415 Dead, 548 since 1/20/09"
wrote:
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 17:15:33 -0700 (PDT), Dänk 1010011010

wrote:
On Apr 5, 3:45*pm, "5415 Dead, 548 since 1/20/09"
wrote:
I've been to Fresno, you know. *Would you like to see my slides?


I've been to Cambodia, and since you refuse to look at my slides, I
refuse to look at yours.


But this is FRESNO! *You don't know what your missing, bubbles.


I've been through Fresno several times, most recently last April. I
also have a few photos, which I will post when I get home.


Oh, I suspect you're lying about that.



I also believe you are lying about having been to Fresno, since you've
been too fat to leave your trailer in over a decade.


Now, you see, there's the difference. *I'm secure enough that I don't
give a rat's ass if you believe me or not. *You just aren't important.


I'm more important than you, and my opinion on any subject is more
valid than yours. You are unimportant - an ignorant whiny little
leftard who is incapable of independent thought, reduced to chanting
slogans fed to you by your Party handlers.





*At least I can

prove I've been to Vietnam and Cambodia last December, and Austria,
Slovakia, Hungary, and Serbia in October, all while you were sitting
in your trailer posting rants to the Internet in your underwear.


If anyone cares, 5415 Dead aka Bryan Zepp Jamieson is a ****tard who
has been accusing me of lying about two trips I took last year, one to
Eastern Europe and the other to Southeast Asia. *Zepp seemed offended
by a story told to me by a Cambodian tour guide which described the
murder of schoolchildren by the Khmer Rouge - presumably because it
portrayed socialism in a negative light - so he accused me of making
up the story and accused me of lying about even having been to
Cambodia.


As with all subjects known to mankind, Zepp is also an expert on the
Cambodian People's Revolution, and knows that the Khmer Rouge was
benevolent, generous, kind, and progressive as all socialists are.
Unpleasant things like genocide could not possibly exist in a
socialist workers' paradise, so the Cambodians who remember such
atrocities must be lying about it.


Here is a selection of my own tourist photographs, a subset from my
other Photobucket albums, which contain visible dates that correspond
to the dates in my timestamped Usenet posts. *This may seem obsessive,
but Zepp has accused me of downloading "out-of-season stock photos"
off the Internet. *Just in case, I have included scans of my passport
and visa stamps:


http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...a666/datetime/
http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...a666/cambodia/
http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...ta666/vietnam/


And here are my timestamped Usenet postings from Vietnam:


http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...hread/thread/2...
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...hread/thread/e...
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...hread/thread/1...
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...hread/thread/9...
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...hread/thread/4...

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dankblog: Provo - April 4, 2010 Dänk 1010011010 Travel - anything else not covered 0 April 5th, 2010 12:49 AM
Dankblog: Roadtrip to Provo Dänk 1010011010 Travel - anything else not covered 0 April 4th, 2010 01:21 AM
Panama Canal April 10, 2010 - NCL Pearl Old Sarge[_2_] Cruises 4 October 4th, 2009 01:57 PM
NCL Pearl - Panama Cruise April 2010 Old Sarge Cruises 1 May 19th, 2009 03:57 PM
Celebrity Millennium April 9 2010 Hawaii to Vancouver [email protected] Travel Marketplace 0 July 4th, 2008 04:50 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.