Carmen's Bushcamp Safaris in South Africa.

Old February 8th, 2011, 06:51 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Carmen1touristguide.za

Default Carmen's Bushcamp Safaris in South Africa.

What makes us any different from the rest? Dedication to our clients,
preserving Wildlife and supporting the less fortunate. 20 Years
service in the Tourist Industry.. Only highly experienced guides and
game rangers render their services to Bushcamp Safaris... What can I
say? Give us a try. You get a FREE TOUR to Soweto or a Cultural
Village if you are more than 15 members in a group.
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Ken Blake[_2_]

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 21:51:07 -0800 (PST),

What makes us any different from the rest? Dedication to our clients,
preserving Wildlife and supporting the less fortunate. 20 Years
service in the Tourist Industry.. Only highly experienced guides and
game rangers render their services to Bushcamp Safaris... What can I
say? Give us a try. You get a FREE TOUR to Soweto or a Cultural
Village if you are more than 15 members in a group.

You probably don't look for or read responses to such spam you post,
but just in case you do, let me tell you the following:

I keep a list of companies that spam newsgroups. The purpose of that
list is to make sure that I *never* do business with any of them.

And the main reason I'm posting this reply is to recommend that all
the other participants in this newsgroup do the same as I do.

--
Ken Blake
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence T. Akutagawa

"Ken Blake" wrote in message

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 21:51:07 -0800 (PST),

What makes us any different from the rest? Dedication to our clients,
preserving Wildlife and supporting the less fortunate. 20 Years
service in the Tourist Industry.. Only highly experienced guides and
game rangers render their services to Bushcamp Safaris... What can I
say? Give us a try. You get a FREE TOUR to Soweto or a Cultural
Village if you are more than 15 members in a group.

You probably don't look for or read responses to such spam you post,
but just in case you do, let me tell you the following:

I keep a list of companies that spam newsgroups. The purpose of that
list is to make sure that I *never* do business with any of them.

And the main reason I'm posting this reply is to recommend that all
the other participants in this newsgroup do the same as I do.
********
The other recommendation is to look at the internet headers of the off-topic
post. There you will find a "Complaints-to" email address. Forward the
offending post together with all the internet headers to that email-address.
In this instance, that email-address is "
". I've found this alternative to be more effective
than posting an email here or sending a response to the sender of the
offending email. What seems to happen is that if enough complaints are
filed, we no longer see posts from the offender.

--
Ken Blake

Old February 8th, 2011, 07:07 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Carmen1touristguide.za

On Feb 8, 4:57*pm, Ken Blake wrote:
[...]

Dear Ken

For your information: I am a Legal business and don't spam. I am
registered an have a sincere interest inteaching people about our
Beautiful wildlife in South Africa. It's a pity you are sooooooooooo
negative.
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Ken Blake[_2_]

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 07:55:31 -0800, "Lawrence T. Akutagawa"
wrote:

"Ken Blake" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, that works with some senders. But not for google.

--
Ken Blake
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:20 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Ken Blake[_2_]

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 10:07:01 -0800 (PST), "Carmen1touristguide.za"
wrote:

On Feb 8, 4:57*pm, Ken Blake wrote:
On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 21:51:07 -0800 (PST),

I keep a list of companies that spam newsgroups. The purpose of that
list is to make sure that I *never* do business with any of them.

And the main reason I'm posting this reply is to recommend that all
the other participants in this newsgroup do the same as I do.

--
Ken Blake

Dear Ken

For your information: I am a Legal business and don't spam. I am
registered an have a sincere interest inteaching people about our
Beautiful wildlife in South Africa. It's a pity you are sooooooooooo
negative.

You have *no* idea what spam is! It has nothing to do with whether
your business is legal. It has to do with your trying to sell
something in a non-commercial newsgroup.

And not only are you trying to sell something, you are trying to sell
trips to Africa in a newsgroup dedicated to traveling in the US and
Canada. It was not only spam, it was off-topic spam, which is even
worse.

You certainly *do* spam. Your message was flagrant spam!

--
Ken Blake
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
David Hatunen

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 10:07:01 -0800, Carmen1touristguide.za wrote:

On Feb 8, 4:57Â*pm, Ken Blake wrote:
[...]

Posting adverts in an inappropriate group is considered a form of
spamming. But whether it's technically spamming or not, it's still
inappropriate. I'm with Ken. I wouldn't have been, maybe, but you
convinced me with your lame rationale.

A quick search in Google Groups indicates that in the last couple of
weeks you have posted adverts for your bush camp safaris in a dozen or so
different groups. I grant you the messages tend to be different, but why
on earth would you post one of your screeds to de.admin.news.groups? In
English, no less? There seems to be a bit of cluelessness here.

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Arizona, out where the cacti grow
Old February 9th, 2011, 05:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Carmen1touristguide.za

On Feb 8, 11:29*pm, David Hatunen wrote:
[...]

I do speak german and will post it in german next time. Thanks for the
tip. You right. I have 1000's of positive reviews from de.admin.news.
Thanks for following me ......... you welcome to come and join us on a
Safari.
Old February 9th, 2011, 05:58 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Carmen1touristguide.za

wrote:
[...]

You are so welcome to join us when South West Airlines comes on my
Safari in April and September.
Old February 9th, 2011, 06:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Carmen1touristguide.za

On Feb 8, 8:07*pm, "Carmen1touristguide.za"
wrote:
[...]

thanks to your review, 376 000 positive views came through to my sight
within 30 seconds. Thankyou sooooo much.