Eliat, Israel

Old November 14th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Anders

Default Eliat, Israel

Dave Smith wrote:

Go Fig wrote:

The Jessica Lynch story could have been filmed in a studio. The
coverage was superb! Never mind the facts when you can make a heroine
out of an incompetent,

How exactly is she incompetent ?

It seems that the story about her valiant fight, her wounds , her bad treatment by
the Iraqis and perilous rescue was a total fabrication by the US administration.
She was in a convoy that got lost and bumbled into an ambush. She was injured when
her truck ran off the road. The Iraqi doctors tried to take good care of her and
tried to get her back to US lines, but we fired upon by US troops. She was not
shot. She was not raped. There was no need for the US troops to kick down all the
doors in the hospital. To be fair, I suppose it is better to be safe than sorry.
Even so, it is a sad comment on the administration when the only soldier in their
entire operation who billed nationally and internationally as a great hero is just
some chump in a support outfit whose demise was the result of gross incompetence in
a combat situation. She is very lucky to have survived and I don't envy her for
what she went through, but she is far from a hero. To call her a hero is an insult
to the brave deeds of those who truly are heroes.

Fact is that the Iraqis CALLED us troops and explicitly asked them to
come and collect her.

In that light it is strange that some claim they rescued here. Besides,
no real ammo was used in the action, it was just theatre from start to
end.

/Anders

--
Remove the obvious part before replying by mail please!
Old November 14th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Dave Smith

Go Fig wrote:

There would be very serious consequences if they were caught, thugs
routinely cover their tracks.

Do you really think so? Given the attitude of many Iraqis, especially Saddam's
supporters, do you really think there would be? Give that a little serious thought
and save me the effort of having to explain it to you.

So is your threshold of rape unzipped pants and missing buttons ?
Perhaps you should look at the papers concerning date rape and one very
rich heir who use to live in Santa Barbara.... women as much as a year
later they were informed they had been filmed while being raped, they
were unconscious.

Let me know by the end of the year if any video or photos of Lynch's rape show up.
Of course we will discount Larry Flynt's copies of nude pictures. I don't think
that he would resist publishing them if it was a rape scene. However, given that
the doctors who examined her at the time saw no reason to suspect a rape, that her
clothes were intact, that she has no recollection of being raped, and that the only
'proof" of her beng raped is supposed to be in the medical files of the same army
of the government who lied to make a national hero out of Lynch, I don't think
there was a rape.

In terms of positive ID that might be difficult due to contamination.
That is if they don't have a semen sample. But a unique ID is not the
point of this discussion.

A unique ID or IDs certainly is the question when you talk about a rape kit. You
were the one who brought it up. I merely pointed out that a rape kit is used to
collect DNA evidence on a rape victim.

In an interview, she denied that she had been raped.

Not in the 2 that I have seen, and the only 2 she has given. She says
she does not know what happened after the crash and before the hospital.
She further said she doesn't want to know.

She denied it in newspaper reports. And the interviews you saw she says she
doesn't know what happened. I don't think that you heard her say "I was raped."

Everyone in her vehicle was killed; 5 were taken prisoner from her
group, 11 bodies were recovered at the time of the Lynch rescue. I'm
surprised you are not aware of this, they showed the POWs on TV
endlessly being questioned by Iraqis.

And all 16 people were in the same vehicle as Lynch?

You clearly do not understand that in Iraq, hospitals are Military HQs.

That would explain why is was curiously devoid of armed resistance.

As for the camera, it was not a crew... but as I understand it was a
helmet mounted camera, common place for these type raid.

From what you understand? Well, coming from a guy who is claiming that she was
raped on the basis of the alleged victim not remembering what happened and a US
examination 9 days after the fact, that about says it all.

Old November 15th, 2003, 02:29 AM
Alan Pollock

In rec.travel.europe Thomas F. Unke wrote:

The Bush regime can only survive with propaganda and lies. But even
that is not certain ;-)

Correct. Your statement is uncertain. Nex

Old November 19th, 2003, 12:37 PM
a.spencer3

Getting back on topic, it seems I might have to eat my words.
UK radio is currently reporting a shooting incident on tourists near to
Eilat.

Surreyman

Old November 19th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Keith Willshaw

"a.spencer3" wrote in message
Getting back on topic, it seems I might have to eat my words.
UK radio is currently reporting a shooting incident on tourists near to
Eilat.

Surreyman

Its also reporting they were shot from the Jordanian side of the border

Keith

Old November 19th, 2003, 02:01 PM
a.spencer3

Keith Willshaw wrote in message

"a.spencer3" wrote in message
Getting back on topic, it seems I might have to eat my words.
UK radio is currently reporting a shooting incident on tourists near to
Eilat.

Surreyman

Its also reporting they were shot from the Jordanian side of the border

Keith

Well, the nearest Israeli hotels are only yards away, of course. Will be
interesting to see the precise details.
Very surprising though, and very untypical of the area.

PS: have just checked. Shooting was at the actual Arava crossing point. The
lone Jordanian gunman was killed by Israeli security. Between 3 & 5 tourists
from Ecuador wounded.

Surreyman