JBU Asks for and receives 10 slots at KLGA

Old February 2nd, 2004, 06:34 AM
A Guy Called Tyketto

Default JBU Asks for and receives 10 slots at KLGA

[ The below was found at JBU's site, via press release. see
http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/1372361/
for further details. Originally they asked for 10. They received
11. -Ed. ]

New York, NY (January 21, 2004) - JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU) has
filed an application with the U.S. Department of Transportation
requesting ten slot exemptions to commence service from New York's
LaGuardia Airport in Spring 2004.

Just four years old, the low-fare carrier is already the largest
airline, in terms of passengers carried, at New York's John F. Kennedy
International Airport, currently operating 83 daily departures to 19
cities. Cities and schedules served from LaGuardia will be announced
later this winter.

"As New York's hometown airline, JetBlue's planned LaGuardia service
will allow us to introduce our brand of service to new customers who
prefer to fly from LaGuardia," said David Neeleman, JetBlue's Chairman
and CEO. "It doesn't change our growth plans for JFK where we will
continue to add more flights to more cities and are working towards
construction of a new terminal and a new hangar. But it does give our
customers another option when they choose to fly JetBlue."

JetBlue is a low-fare, low-cost passenger airline, which provides
high-quality customer service. JetBlue operates a fleet of 55 new
Airbus A320 aircraft and plans to add another 14 A320s to its fleet in
2004. The airline has on order 100 EMBRAER 190 aircraft with options
for an additional 100 with deliveries scheduled to begin in mid 2005.
All JetBlue aircraft feature roomy all-leather seats each equipped with
free live satellite television, offering up to 24 channels of DIRECTV?
Programming at every seat.* JetBlue has been named "Best Domestic
Airline" for the last two years by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler
magazine.

Based out of New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport,
JetBlue currently operates 220 flights a day and serves 22 destinations
in 11 states and Puerto Rico with plans to commence daily nonstop
service on March 3 between New York's JFK and Sacramento, CA. With
JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all travel is ticketless, all fares
are one-way, and a Saturday night stay is never required. For more
information, schedules and fares, please visit www.jetblue.com or call
JetBlue reservations at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583). This press release,
as well as past press releases, can be found on www.jetblue.com.

* DIRECTV? service is not available on flights between New York City
and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

This press release contains statements of a forward-looking nature
which represent our management's beliefs and assumptions concerning
future events. Forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties
and assumptions and are based on information currently available to us.
Actual results may differ materially from those expressed in the
forward-looking statements due to many factors, including without
limitation, potential hostilities in the Middle East or other regions,
our ability to implement our growth strategy and our dependence on the
New York market, our fixed obligations and our limited operating
history, seasonal fluctuations in our operating results, increases in
maintenance costs, fuel prices and interest rates, our competitive
environment, our reliance on sole suppliers, government regulation, our
failure to properly integrate LiveTV or enforce its patents, our
ability to hire qualified personnel, the loss of key personnel and
potential problems with our workforce including work stoppages, and
continuing changes in the airline industry following the September 11th
terrorist attacks and the increased risk of future attacks, the
potential risks with the delivery, placing into service and integration
into our operations of the EMBRAER 190 aircraft as well as the
potential liability relating to our handling of customer data.
Additional information concerning these and other factors is contained
in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including
but not limited to, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and
Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. We undertake no obligation to update
any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that
may arise after the date of this release.

BL.
- --
Brad Littlejohn | Email:
Unix Systems Administrator, |