Updated Australian Government site

Old December 8th, 2007, 12:49 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
kangaroo16

Default Updated Australian Government site

I just ran across an updated site for Australian Gov't with a
multitude of links. I would especially recommend it for readers
of the above groups who have recently become interested in
visiting or migrating to Australia.

I would highly recommend it to all readers, actually, as we have
just had a change of government, and printed info may not
be completely up to date. To quote a bit from it to illustrate
this:

"Changes to australia.gov.au
Following the swearing-in of the new government, some
changes to links included on this web site may occur. This site
will continue to reflect current information, as it becomes
available."

http://www.australia.gov.au/

For those worry about the election results, and the 8 seats still
undecided, there is even a link to

Federal Election Information

The federal election was held on Saturday 24 November. For
detailed information on the outcome of the election, visit the
Australian Electoral Commission.

http://vtr.aec.gov.au/

At time of writing, to quote:

# The election results on this website were last updated at
8/12/2007 10:41:36 AM.
# This website was last published at 8/12/2007 11:06:56 AM.

It is now 11:48 AM, Saturday, in Sydney.
London Sat 12:48 AM
New York Fri 7:48 PM
Los Angeles Fri 4:48 PM

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Cheers,
Kangaroo16
Old December 8th, 2007, 04:43 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

On Dec 7, 4:49 pm, kangaroo16 wrote:
[...]

Ah, he's back again!
This is a travel group not a political group.
Couldn't find aus.politics?

kangaroo16a
Old December 8th, 2007, 11:11 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
A Mate[_2_]

I killfiled the original kangaroo 16 as a self important idiot. Now a
clone!!!

Killfile - gone!

Old December 8th, 2007, 10:39 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
kangaroo16

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 21:11:28 +1000, " A Mate"
wrote in
:

I killfiled the original kangaroo 16 as a self important idiot. Now a
clone!!!

Killfile - gone!

Good morning, all:

Although "A Mate" isn't likely to read this post, having
killfiled me earlier, I am happy to know that he has killfiled
both me and kangaroo16a.

Personally, I very seldom killfile anyone on any of the groups
I follow. I just don't read some of them, especially those
that are obviously scams or spam.

I sometimes watch commercial T.V. stations. However, when
an advertisement comes on, I don't bother to hit the "mute"
button on the remote. I just mentally "tune them out", and
pay no attention to the audio or visual input.

When I visit a public library, I'll have a quick look at their
new book shelf, I scan the labels to see if they are fiction or
non-fiction, and scan the titles.

If any look interesting enough, I may actually take it off
the shelf and open it to have a quick look. If it is possibly
interesting enough, will borrow it.

However, if I see one that I disagree with I don't approach the
librarian and demand it be removed from the shelf, or write
letters to the newspapers demanding its removal.

Yes, I know that some people do this. Readers who doubt this
should Google the string

library censorship

This will provide ~ 856,000 returns.

I realise that some people may not like my posts. As have
pointed out several times, they are free to not read them
or to killfile me. I don't mind.

There are both moderated and unmoderated groups on Usenet as
I explained in an earlier post.

If using most newsreaders, readers should simply be able to
click on this link to read it. Alternatively, they can select
the advanced search function on Google and simply copy and paste
into the space provided.

If this doesn't work for any readers, I don't mind resending it
in full, on request.

Cheers,
Kangaroo16
9:35 AM Sunday, 9 December

Old December 8th, 2007, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

kangaroo16 wrote:
[...]
If using most newsreaders, readers should simply be able to
click on this link to read it. Alternatively, they can select
the advanced search function on Google and simply copy and paste
into the space provided.

A better way would be:

news
"news:message-id" is the official format of a News URL [1], i.e.
like "http://site" is for a web URL. The outer '' and '' are used to
properly delimit the URL from the rest of the text.

While your format might work in some newsreaders, one can not depend
on it, because it is non-standard. I.e. what you posted is the format of
a "Message-ID:" *header* *in* a News (or mail) *article*, not of a News
URL.

HTH. HAND.

[1] RFC 1738 "Uniform Resource Locators (URL)" (and later)
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1738.txt?number=1738

quote

3.6. NEWS

The news URL scheme is used to refer to either news groups or
individual articles of USENET news, as specified in RFC 1036.

A news URL takes one of two forms:

A newsgroup-name is a period-delimited hierarchical name, such as
"comp.infosystems.www.misc". A message-id corresponds to the
Message-ID of section 2.1.5 of RFC 1036, without the enclosing ""
and ""; it takes the form unique@full_domain_name. A message
identifier may be distinguished from a news group name by the
presence of the commercial at "@" character. No additional characters
are reserved within the components of a news URL.

If newsgroup-name is "*" (as in URL:news:*), it is used to refer
to "all available news groups".

The news URLs are unusual in that by themselves, they do not contain
sufficient information to locate a single resource, but, rather, are
location-independent.

/quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 07:47 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

On Dec 8, 2:39 pm, kangaroo16 wrote:
[...]

Who cares, except you, about what you do with/in your miserable excuse
of a life?

I realise that some people may not like my posts. As have
pointed out several times, they are free to not read them
or to killfile me. I don't mind.

Not every reader has killfile capabilities - you did know that didn't
you?

There are both moderated and unmoderated groups on Usenet as
I explained in an earlier post.

Why don't you post to moderated groups then?

FYI:
4. Usenet is not a right.

Some people misunderstand their local right of "freedom of speech"
to mean that they have a legal right to use others' computers to
say what they wish in whatever way they wish, and the owners of
said computers have no right to stop them.

Those people are wrong. Freedom of speech also means freedom not
to speak. If I choose not to use my computer to aid your speech,
that is my right. Freedom of the press belongs to those who own
one.

click on this link to read it. Alternatively, they can select
the advanced search function on Google and simply copy and paste
into the space provided.

If this doesn't work for any readers, I don't mind resending it
in full, on request.

Your valid email address is?

Cheers,
Kangaroo16
9:35 AM Sunday, 9 December

wrote in message
[...]

kangaroo16a- Hide quoted text -

kangaroo16a with a valid email address
not to be confused with
kangaroo16 who is too gutless to use a valid email address