Just a few jihadists here and there could make a bloody mess

Old May 24th, 2007, 11:23 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
PJ O'Donovan

Default Just a few jihadists here and there could make a bloody mess

May 23, 2007
Tiny Minority, Big Problem
By Michelle Malkin

If we believe the spin of Associated Press headline writers, there's
little cause for concern about a new Pew poll of American Muslims.
"Most U.S. Muslims reject suicide bombings," the AP headline writer
blithely reports.

But the details of the poll show that the always-downplayed tiny
minority of jihadi sympathizers in America is cause for big concern.

The poll found that while 80 percent of U.S. Muslims believe suicide
bombings of civilians to defend Islam cannot be justified, fully 13
percent said they can be justified, at least rarely. One in four
younger American Muslims find suicide bombings in defense of Islam
"acceptable at least in some circumstances."

About 29 percent of those surveyed had either favorable views about al
Qaeda or did not express an opinion. Yes, they either gave al Qaeda
thumbs-up or had no opinion about the terrorist group responsible for
slaughtering nearly 3,000 of their fellow Americans on 9/11 and
responsible for a global bloodbath from Bali to Britain, the Middle
East, and beyond.

A third of those polled believe the invasion of Afghanistan to take
out al Qaeda training camps after 9/11 was wrong. In addition, only 40
percent of all American Muslims believe Arab men carried about the
9/11 attacks -- joining Charlie Sheen, Rosie O'Donnell and the inside-
job conspiracy-mongers. The poll focused particular concern on jihadi
sympathy among young Muslims and black Muslims:

"Muslim Americans reject Islamic extremism by larger margins than do
Muslim minorities in Western European countries. However, there is
somewhat more acceptance of Islamic extremism in some segments of the
U.S. Muslim public than others. Fewer native-born African American
Muslims than others completely condemn al Qaeda. In addition, younger
Muslims in the U.S. are much more likely than older Muslim Americans
to say that suicide bombing in the defense of Islam can be at least
sometimes justified."

"It is a hair-raising number," Radwan Masmoudi, president of the
Washington-based Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy, told the
AP. Indeed. The numbers should be a wake-up call, not another excuse
for the mainstream media to downplay the threat of homegrown jihad.

The poll comes on the heels of the Fort Dix jihadi terror bust
involving young, American-raised Muslims and the conviction this week
of Muslim doctor Rafiq Abdus Sabir -- born in Harlem, based in Florida
-- who had pledged loyalty to al Qaeda and vowed to treat injured al
Qaeda fighters so they could return to Iraq to kill Americans. A
Brooklyn bookstore owner and a Washington, D.C., cab driver also
pleaded guilty and were sentenced to prison in the case. The tiny
minority of jihadi sympathizers aren't just sitting around stewing
harmlessly about their beliefs. They are recruiting, proselytizing,
plotting and growing.

I'm reminded of a similar poll conducted in Indonesia last fall. One
in 10 Indonesian Muslims was found to support bombings in defense of
Islam. They took the news a little more seriously in "moderate"
Indonesia. One in 10 in Indonesia, you see, equals 19 million Muslims
for violent jihad. That's just Indonesia.

Recent polling in Britain found that 13 percent of British Muslims
believe the London subway bombers are righteous "martyrs," and 7
percent approve of suicide bombing attacks on civilians in Britain in
some circumstances.

Now, add that to the 16 percent of French Muslims, 16 percent of
Spanish Muslims, 7 percent of German Muslims, 28 percent of Egyptian
Muslims, 14 percent of Pakistani Muslims, and 46 percent of Nigerian
Muslims who told Pew last summer that "violence against civilian
targets in order to defend Islam" can be justified "often/sometimes."

A few fringe jihadists here, a few fringe jihadists there, and soon
you're talking about bloody real numbers

Old May 24th, 2007, 03:46 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Robin T Cox

On Thu, 24 May 2007 03:23:49 -0700, PJ O'Donovan wrote:

A few fringe jihadists here, a few fringe jihadists there, and soon
you're talking about bloody real numbers

PJ O'Donovan indeed.

Pull the other Gordon.

You are the artist previously known as FACE, and I claim my £5.
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:19 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
FACE

On Thu, 24 May 2007 14:46:43 GMT, in uk.politics.misc Robin T Cox
, wrote

On Thu, 24 May 2007 03:23:49 -0700, PJ O'Donovan wrote:

A few fringe jihadists here, a few fringe jihadists there, and soon
you're talking about bloody real numbers

PJ O'Donovan indeed.

Pull the other Gordon.

You are the artist previously known as FACE, and I claim my £5.

How are things in furry boot toon, bobbin?

You do realize, that even though you are an aged wean, that you are a
****ing idiot. Your senility and general stupidity is no excuse.

(Oh, looking at the crosspost line, I suppose I should say that a "wean" is
an infant child in Scottish patois and the ankle-biter robin has a usenet
injection point of Aberdeen.)

BTW, PJ, Good article which I also saw this morning. In the last few days
we have had smoke and the acrid fire smell in the air here. Rather
nauseating.........and now that will give the wean, who is obsessed with me,
something to do today. :-)

FACE

Old May 24th, 2007, 05:41 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Robin T Cox

On Thu, 24 May 2007 11:19:59 -0400, FACE wrote:

BTW, PJ, Good article which I also saw this morning. In the last few days
we have had smoke and the acrid fire smell in the air here. Rather
nauseating.........and now that will give the wean, who is obsessed with me,
something to do today.

FACE

Narcissism is having no-one else to talk to but oneself.

PJ=FACE

QED
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
FACE

On Thu, 24 May 2007 16:41:17 GMT, in uk.politics.misc Robin T Cox
, wrote

On Thu, 24 May 2007 11:19:59 -0400, FACE wrote:

BTW, PJ, Good article which I also saw this morning. In the last few days
we have had smoke and the acrid fire smell in the air here. Rather
nauseating.........and now that will give the wean, who is obsessed with me,
something to do today.

FACE

Narcissism is having no-one else to talk to but oneself.

PJ=FACE

QED

You'd best tell your ****y hippy buddy that i treat his messages the same as
yours. Neither one of you have anything but droll, apologist trash.

Old May 24th, 2007, 06:40 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
PJ O'Donovan[_1_]

PJ=FACE

Narcissism is having no-one else to talk to but oneself.

PJ=FACE

LMAO!

I am located now in the mountains of northern Georgia USA. In winters
I am in southwestern Georgia USA. Where is this guy Face located. Was
it this thread or another I was accused of being one ,Jaquelin.

Are these people trailer park inhabitants, fantasist, Walter Mittey
types, image thieves, legal document thieves etc. also?

Thanks for arranging a good laugh through your cross posting ,
Rennie

Rolls off me like water, though. I am conditoned to the defense
mechanism of left wing whackos in their unfounded accusations
attempting to
convey an impression I am somebody different than who I really am.

Old May 24th, 2007, 08:54 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Mr Q. Z. Diablo

In article ,
FACE wrote:

Neither one of you have anything but droll, apologist trash.

Find a dictionary. Look up "droll".

--
Mr Q. Z. D.
Remove luncheonmeat (truncheon) to reply.
Old May 27th, 2007, 08:02 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
FACE

On Fri, 25 May 2007 05:54:40 +1000, in uk.politics.misc "Mr Q. Z. Diablo"
, wrote

In article ,
FACE wrote:

Neither one of you have anything but droll, apologist trash.

Find a dictionary. Look up "droll".

I meant what i said. Your attempts at apology for the inexcusable actually
becomes comedic in an odd way.

FACE