FLL Parking

Old December 19th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Bill Bradley

Default FLL Parking

I am leaving FLL 2 Feb on HAL for 10 days. Where is the best place to park
the car? Does the Port Parking Garage offer the best alternative?

Side question - We will be in FLL on Jan 28 when the QM2 will also be there.
Where is the best place to get a look at it? Can I drive into the port and
park?

Bill

Old December 19th, 2003, 09:01 PM
S/V Tranquility

Hi Bill,

The parking garages in the Port probably offer the most secure parking
around the area, albeit rather expensive. I had a friend who let me park in
a nearby business lot, but some of the areas around the Port are rather
questionable at night. I can't offer any other suggestions for places to
park.

As far as viewing the QE2, since Sept 11 security into the Port has changed.
There is no authorized private vehicle parking near any of the cruise ship
berths. You can try and access the Port with proper ID by saying you are
going to the ship, but I can't say how close you will get to her. Most of
the ships are blocked by the cruise terminal buildings when in their berths.
If you really want to get a good look at her, try having sundowners at the
top of Pier 66. If you want to see the ships sail away in the evening, try
John Lloyd State Park and walk to the jetties. Access is also available to
the North jetties by walking South along Ft Lauderdale beach. You can see
the whole port from there as well as the ocean and ICW. I would also highly
recommend taking an all day pass on the water taxi just to see the homes
along the ICW and New River.

Old December 19th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Plasma

1. For Port Everglades Parking visit http://www.broward.org/poi01400.htm
$12 per day.
2. Several of the hotels nearby will allow you to park for free or at a
nominal price with your pre-cruise stay. Amerisuites comes to mind as one.
Most of the hotels have courtesy shuttles to the port although my personal
experience is that are crowded and a short cab ride might be preferred.
3. For off premisis parking, http://www.autorent.com/valet.html has been
recommended, although I have never personally used them. $6 per day

Mike in Ohio

Old December 19th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Gregory C. Read

Along with the other suggestions, you can also get a great view of the port
from the middle of the SE 17th Street Causeway bridge. I have some great
pictures of the Grand Princess from that vantage point.

--
Greg
lid

Old December 20th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Ron C

Something to consider if you live in Florida is to take a shuttle to
the ship. Our friends recently used Cruise Connection and found it
very convenient and less expensive than parking their car for a 7 day
cruise.

Ron