web sites to buy airline tickets ?

Old April 30th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Larry

Default web sites to buy airline tickets ?

I have allways used a1travel.com

There site is unavailable or something at the moment, plus I had
allways wondered if some other sites where much better though I have
allways
done OK. I have to fly to Idaho Falls in August and rent a cvar.

Thanks
Old May 1st, 2004, 04:35 PM
ur_navigator

Hi larry,
y dont u try SmartRover. i found this smart tool on download.com and it
is worth using. u have to fill up one form and thats it. the gud thing abt
the tool is that u get rid of the monotonous job of filling up forms and
regitering on every website u visit for hunting the best deal. it searches
across the sites like expedia, travelocity, hotwire, cheaptickets.. and to
get the best deal and alerts u when it finds one within ur budget. if u r
flwxible in ur travelling dates then thats an added advantage as it can
also search for multiple dates. moreover it keeps searching in the
background for days and updating u every time it finds a suitable deal.

bon journey
nav

Old May 6th, 2004, 02:31 AM
discounttravellady

the best website to use is expedia.com...the system is reliable and seems
to give accurate info. But to increase the chance of getting the best
fares go to sidestep,com and download their free program. Sidestep is a
comparison shopping engine for travel and usually finds discounted flts
that the other systems miss. Put your info into expedia and sidestep
opens and runs a parallel search at the same time. Sidestep will also
give you cheaper alternate airport choices if there are any. Best
combination see my website

Old May 6th, 2004, 02:38 AM
mrtravelkay

discounttravellady wrote:

the best website to use is expedia.com...the system is reliable and seems
to give accurate info. But to increase the chance of getting the best
fares go to sidestep,com and download their free program. Sidestep is a
comparison shopping engine for travel and usually finds discounted flts
that the other systems miss. Put your info into expedia and sidestep
opens and runs a parallel search at the same time. Sidestep will also
give you cheaper alternate airport choices if there are any. Best
combination see my website

It doesn't seem that Sidestep lets you turn off the alternate choices
for airports which would be a bad thing, and I can't seem to get it to
pay attention to the times I want to fly. I think both expedia and
travelocity give you options to search nearby airports.

Old May 6th, 2004, 12:54 PM
jcoulter

mrtravelkay wrote in
:

discounttravellady wrote:

the best website to use is expedia.com...the system is reliable and
seems to give accurate info. But to increase the chance of getting
the best fares go to sidestep,com

But Sidestep won't can't do open jaws so it is useless for my travel most
of the time. I advocate the use of Orbitz with a check of the winning
airlines, sometimes cheaper sometimes not there seems as little reason in
this as there is in anything else related to air travel pricing.

Old May 7th, 2004, 09:41 PM
sassy_q

Yeah-Orbitz has got some great deals right now. You should definitely
at least check it out. You might be able to get a package deal from
them..car + airfare for cheap

jcoulter wrote in message .. .
mrtravelkay wrote in
: