Airplane's Toilet Ice Crashes Garden Party

Old September 8th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Fly Guy

Default Airplane's Toilet Ice Crashes Garden Party

steve wrote:

Urban legend....never happend nor will ever happen

"Drop A Load" wrote in message

Airplane's Toilet Ice Crashes Garden Party

Go to google, click NEWS, paste this:

Airplane's Toilet Ice Crashes Garden Party

into the search box, and hit enter.

http://news.google.ca/news?hl=en&ned...UTF-8&filter=0

38 hits (at this point). Seems lots of different news papers are
printing the same AP story.
Old September 12th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Jane Sitton

Truth wrote:

Remember the good old days when we traveled by train? Sign in the restroom
said "Do not use toilet while in station." No holding tanks there!

Or on mobile homes, bumper stickers that read:

"Don't honk, or I'll flush."

I'm reminded of the song, "Humoresque":

Passengers will please refrain
From flushing toilets while the train
Is in the station, darling, I love you

We encourage constipation
While the train is in the station
Moonlight always makes me think of you

If you really must pass water
Kindly call the Pullman porter
He'll place a vessel in your vestibule

As I sit here tearing tissue
Oh, my darling, how I miss you
Everything I do, I do for you

Since I'm going with your daughter
I've had trouble passing water
Sorry that I ever came to town

I'm the guy that did the pushin'
Dirtied up the front seat cushion
Footprints on the dashboard upside down

Promenading in the park,
Goosing statues after dark
If Sherman's horse can take it why can't you

Cheers,
Jane

Old September 12th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Jane Sitton

Dave Smith wrote:

Truth wrote:

But he doesn't remember if it was Sears for sure. Imagine not knowing something like that!

"Gee, I don't remember if I bought my stereo from WalMart or not. It was 20 years ago, so I can't
remember."

What a ****ing liar!

I can remember where a bought a few of my shirts. I have a bunch of others that I am sure that I
bought, but I have no idea where. Those that I remember are exceptional good shirts and were bought over
the last few years. Some of those that I do not remember are old or .... I just don't remember.

Then there are the clothes which I've never seen before that come out of
the dryer. Where the heck do they come from???

Jane

Old September 12th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Charles Newman

"tgilb" wrote in message
ink.net...

"steve" wrote in message
| Urban legend....never happend nor will ever happen (unless a serious
| structural failure occurs). All excrement is held in a 75 mil aluminum
case
| lined with another 75 mils of urethane rubber. It would take some

serious
| constipation, or a pick axe to break thru that tank.
| "Drop A Load" wrote in message
| Airplane's Toilet Ice Crashes Garden Party
|
| GRAZ, Austria (AP) - It was an inelegant intruder on a sunny

afternoon:
| chunk of ice from a jetliner toilet that broke free and slammed into

an
| Austrian family's garden.
|
| No one was injured when the ice tumbled from the sky Sunday afternoon

in
| Graz, about 120 miles south of Vienna, authorities said. The fragment
bore
| deep into the soil in the garden, where the unidentified family was
| enjoying a lazy summer afternoon.
|
| Police said the 6-inch ice ball almost certainly came from an airliner
| toilet, judging from its blue color and its odor. They did not
elaborate.

http://www.faa.gov/fsdo/ord/blueice.htm
-----------------

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/arc...es/02local.htm
-----------------

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/arc...es/03local.htm

One of the articles mentiones LAX-SFO flights flying over Santa Cruz and
they are
right. If I tell FS2004 to plot an LAX to SFO route with the "high alttitude
airways"
option, it will plot a route that goes near Santa Cruz.
There are all kinds of interesting routes around the world. For example,
when you fly SFO
to NRT, you first fly to near Hoquiam, Washington, and they up towards the
Aleutian
Islands in Alaska, then turn soutwest towards Japan. The route is designed
to avoid most
of Russia. As far as I can tell, the only part of Russia that foreign
airlners can use, going
between North America and Asia, are the Kamchatka Peninsula, and near the
Kurile
Islands. All the routes that FS2002 and 2004 plot between North America and
Asia avoid
all or Russia except the Kurile Islands and the Kamchatka Peninsula.

Old September 12th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Charles Newman

"tgilb" wrote in message
ink.net...