Get the legendary Absinthe and experience the ultimate drunk.

Old August 25th, 2005, 03:37 AM
Frank Clarke

On 24 Aug 2005 06:41:58 -0700, "Troy" wrote:
. com

Don't waste your money. You wont be able to drink it because of the
taste (really you can't imagine how bad it tastes). It isn't legal in
the US but customs people dont seem to know what it is so you can get
it in easily.

I bought some in Chamonix this June on a lark. I didn't have any of the 'lore'
for knowing exactly how to drink it, so I tried it straight.

God! It was -AWFUL-! I pitched it. It was a 6Euro lesson in 'things that
taste horrible'. Cheap tuition.

(change Arabic number to Roman numeral to email)
Old August 25th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Timothy Kroesen

It's not all that bad if you follow the ritual and like Anise. Was that
a 6eu bottle...?... g Perhaps a better vintage...

Tim K

Old August 25th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Timothy Kroesen

I heard the best 'Absinthe experience' is now homebrewed. AFAIK
importing Absinthe is forbidden in the US; and they do know what it
is... There are several sites in the Web where you may buy 'Absinthe
kits' that contain only the dried herbals so you may steep it yourself
however I don't know how US customs will regard such imports; sellers
claim no problem... Sure; 'no problem' importing strange herbals from
abroad...g

Tim K

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 03:56:35 GMT, "Timothy Kroesen"
wrote:

It's not all that bad if you follow the ritual and like Anise. Was

that
a 6eu bottle...?... g Perhaps a better vintage...

Tim K

"Frank Clarke" wrote in message
.. .
On 24 Aug 2005 06:41:58 -0700, "Troy" wrote:
. com

Don't waste your money. You wont be able to drink it because of

the
taste (really you can't imagine how bad it tastes). It isn't

legal
in
the US but customs people dont seem to know what it is so you can

get
it in easily.

I bought some in Chamonix this June on a lark. I didn't have any

of
the 'lore'
for knowing exactly how to drink it, so I tried it straight.

I did the same with half a bottle of duty free Pernod in my ignorant
youth. I got a bigger hangover than I ever got drinking scrumpy.
--
Martin

Old August 25th, 2005, 10:18 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On 24 Aug 2005 02:39:00 -0700,
wrote:

You can now legally purchase Absinthe (how the hell it's legal I don't
know) from

http://Absinthe.ProtoProtoss.net

Absinthe is a liquor that can get you VERY drunk in little to no time
at all, and is right up there with Everclear, Moonshine, and the likes.
Be the life of the party anytime. Be Absinthe.

On the subject of boozing...

I was recently given a whole bag full of lemons, far too many to know
what to do with. Feeling a bit creative, I went out and bought 2
litres of alcohol from a supermarket (god bless Italy!), and have been
making limoncello. Very simple, very cheap, and very hazardous.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old August 26th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Frank Clarke

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 03:56:35 GMT, "Timothy Kroesen"
wrote:
. net

It's not all that bad if you follow the ritual and like Anise. Was that
a 6eu bottle...?... g Perhaps a better vintage...

It was a small bottle. I would guess about 250ml (?) Doesn't matter; it was
still awful. I really expected something much different.

(change Arabic number to Roman numeral to email)