What's the name of this "back pack"

Old August 4th, 2006, 12:55 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

Default What's the name of this "back pack"

With all the talk about travel bags and backpacks, I have a question.
I just noticed more and more of a very light cloth back that a lot of
urban youths are using now. It's a simple cloth bag with a couple of
ropes that serve as straps. It's very light, kind of like a small
pillow case. You wear it like a backpack. It's perfect for a light
day pack and can be folded and packed lightly into you regular bag.

Is there a name for this kind of bag? I see a lot of sports companies
with their names on them, such as Nike and Adidas.

Old August 4th, 2006, 01:47 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Jack Campin - bogus address

With all the talk about travel bags and backpacks, I have a question.
I just noticed more and more of a very light cloth back that a lot of
urban youths are using now. It's a simple cloth bag with a couple of
ropes that serve as straps. It's very light, kind of like a small
pillow case. You wear it like a backpack. It's perfect for a light
day pack and can be folded and packed lightly into you regular bag.
Is there a name for this kind of bag?

I don't know the name for them, but I made myself one out of canvas
(waterproofed with tent spray) after using a very poor quality one
given away as a promotional item for a brand of potato crisps (it
disintegrated in a few months). I made two changes: I put a zip in
the top, and added a fabric tube down the side, which contains a
strong cardboard tube. This serves two functions: it stops the thing
from folding itself in half on my back, and it holds my electronic
bagpipe chanter.

Old August 4th, 2006, 06:05 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Miguel Cruz

"PeterL" wrote:
With all the talk about travel bags and backpacks, I have a question.
I just noticed more and more of a very light cloth back that a lot of
urban youths are using now. It's a simple cloth bag with a couple of
ropes that serve as straps. It's very light, kind of like a small
pillow case. You wear it like a backpack. It's perfect for a light
day pack and can be folded and packed lightly into you regular bag.

Is there a name for this kind of bag? I see a lot of sports companies
with their names on them, such as Nike and Adidas.

I have one of these that was given to all participants at a sporting
event. I don't like it much, it feels like a laundry bag and provides no
structure or support. Any item with a corner, I am going to feel it in
my back.

miguel
--
Photos from 40 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Latest photos: Malaysia; Thailand; Singapore; Spain; Morocco
Old August 4th, 2006, 04:28 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

Miguel Cruz wrote:
"PeterL" wrote:
With all the talk about travel bags and backpacks, I have a question.
I just noticed more and more of a very light cloth back that a lot of
urban youths are using now. It's a simple cloth bag with a couple of
ropes that serve as straps. It's very light, kind of like a small
pillow case. You wear it like a backpack. It's perfect for a light
day pack and can be folded and packed lightly into you regular bag.

Is there a name for this kind of bag? I see a lot of sports companies
with their names on them, such as Nike and Adidas.

I have one of these that was given to all participants at a sporting
event. I don't like it much, it feels like a laundry bag and provides no
structure or support. Any item with a corner, I am going to feel it in
my back.

It's good for keeping a light jacket or a rain coat or a small
umbrella. What I like is that it's easy to pack it up.

miguel