Inside or Outside Cabin

Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:07 AM
MarkT

Default Inside or Outside Cabin

FWIW, Carnival and RCI both have the fake windows.

Mark T.
"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Dick Goldhaber
wrote:

Really?

Not for us, my friend.

Odd that they put drapes in front of a painting of a window. This must
be where Mark saw the fake window. Perhaps this was an old time
tradition? I have yet to have the pleasure of sailing on HAL. I can't
see pulling the drapes to view a fake window. I have only been in
inside cabins on newer ships of Celebrity, Princess and RCI. No drapes
or paintings of picture windows.

--
Charles

Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:40 AM
Charles

In article .com,
MarkT wrote:

FWIW, Carnival and RCI both have the fake windows.

I have never seen a fake window on RCI. Been in three inside cabins and
one outside on that cruise line.

--
Charles
Old June 23rd, 2004, 07:59 AM
Linsifer

And, the best part is you get to enjoy all the same amenities as everyone else.
And, if you hunger for a balcony, you can walk up onto a large deck and breathe
in the sea to your heart's content,

Lindsay

Charles wrote:

And when you are paying the single supplement that adds an additional
reason. So I get to go on three cruises this year, a total of 26 days,
by booking an inside guarantee, at a total cruise fare for all 26 days
on three ships of $3328. That includes all taxes and the single
supplement.

--
Charles
Old June 23rd, 2004, 08:06 AM
Linsifer

This all sounds wonderful...but alas, I am just not willing or able to pay what
it takes for the luxury of a balcony and all its perks. Hey, I'm not in love
with the concept of a windowless room; I'm surprised I can even stay in one
comsidering how claustophobic I am. :-) But, I manage fine.

My daughter and son in law went on their honeymoon cruise last October during
an off-peak 7 days...now I could afford that price! They are now spoiled. And,
someday maybe when we're able to sail during those times...we will have that
balcony ourselves.

Lindsay

From: (Lee)
Date: 6/21/2004 7:23 AM Pacific Standard Time
"Dave" wrote in message
since others have described the differences between rooms, i will just make
a comment. My wife and I have been on 4 cruises to date, 3 with balconies
and 1 outside with just a window. We have enjoyed them all. I like balconies
for 2 reasons. (1) room service breakfast in my robe on the balcony,

What you've described is my absolute #1 reason for loving balconies.
Just being able to ease into the morning, still lounging in a robe or
pajamas, sipping tea/coffee as we enter the day's port or cruise the
open water. It's the best way to start every day on a cruise in my
(and my husband's) opinion.

We also enjoy sitting out there pre-dinner, while one or the other of
us is getting dressed, etc. - relieves some of the congestion in the
interior space of the cabin, when one of us is lounging outside.

And if you're cruising with friends, and their cabin is next door,
opening up the divider and having a communal balcony is super! You can
retreat to your cabin for privacy, but the double balcony space is
adequate for socializing - a little pre-dinner cocktail hour. Lovely.

and (2)
the ability to get fresh air and the sounds of the ocean into our room.

Absolutely. Sometimes I feel so removed from the ocean when I'm on a
cruise ship. Being able to feel the breeze, smell the air, hear the
sounds...keeps me a little more connected.

Lee