Im back from Cruise...[LONG]

Old September 13th, 2008, 10:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Andy P. Jung[_2_]

Default Im back from Cruise...[LONG] LEE

"Tom K" wrote in message

"chatty cathy" wrote in message
no formal nights on this cruise...
as for lobster they did serve that but lots of the food was dried
out..man i was so disapointed...

Lot's of people here rave about Carnival food... but I disagree... out of
40+ cruises, my one Carnival sailing had the worst food of any cruise line
we've been on. For much better food (IMO) you want Celebrity or Cunard.

I've only sailed on Carnival but I think their food is still light years
better than eating airline food. How often do you get to dine on lobster and
filet mignon? I know that I'm comparing apples to oranges here.

--
Andy P. Jung
Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.

To reply via e-mail, please visit my web site.

Old September 13th, 2008, 05:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_2_]

Default Im back from Cruise...ANDY P

chatty cathy wrote:
the capers werent updated mostly over the speaker when they felt it was
time to tell us all something..we all were questions lots but was
senseless..
food ran short and the dining room basically became like a buffett
cause of the s hortage..you ate what was there..
rooms stoped being cleaned also cause of the extra days..
chatty

You cabin should have been cleaned every day. Cabin stewards work every
day, 7 days a week, regardless of the length of the cruise. Something
was wrong with your cruise, that is for sure.

Cathy, I feel so bad for you, this was a terrible vacation for you and
your husband. Nothing went right, from the beginning to the end. May
none of us ever have to encounter the problems that you had on this cruise.

Becca
Old September 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Im back from Cruise...[LONG]

Didn't you know...

with Elvis there is always a whole lot of shakin' goin on!

Old September 14th, 2008, 12:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gregory C. Read[_2_]

"Tom K" wrote in message

Lot's of people here rave about Carnival food... but I disagree... out of
40+ cruises, my one Carnival sailing had the worst food of any cruise line
we've been on. For much better food (IMO) you want Celebrity or Cunard.

--Tom

I have no experience with Carnival (but plan to for the right cruise), but I
have found Celebrity food inferior. Their presentation is definitely a step
above (even if the tables ARE too small for all the "stuff"), but quality
was not that great as of late. And the deserts have always been "blah".
It WAS much better on our earlier Horizon/Zenith Bermuda cruises, but the
most recent ones (although a few years ago) were not up to the same
standards.

But obviously all these comments are opinions, and we all know about
opinions.

--
Greg

Old September 14th, 2008, 02:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 23:02:37 GMT, "Gregory C. Read"
wrote:

"Tom K" wrote in message

Lot's of people here rave about Carnival food... but I disagree... out of
40+ cruises, my one Carnival sailing had the worst food of any cruise line
we've been on. For much better food (IMO) you want Celebrity or Cunard.

--Tom

I have no experience with Carnival (but plan to for the right cruise), but I
have found Celebrity food inferior. Their presentation is definitely a step
above (even if the tables ARE too small for all the "stuff"), but quality
was not that great as of late.

I thought the best of Celebrity's food (in the French restaurant) was
slightly better than the best in NCL's Le Bistro, but the restaurant
food was about the same, with NCL perhaps having a slight edge. The
buffets were about the same quality, but Celebrity had more variety.
Next month, I'll find out whether Freestyle 2.0 has made a difference.

And the deserts have always been "blah".

Mass-produced desserts are always problematic, especially chocolate
desserts. But I like dark chocolate in desserts, not milk chocolate.