Question about visas on cruises

Old October 2nd, 2008, 05:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RicodJour

Default Question about visas on cruises

Hi. I am planning a Royal Caribbean cruise on the Legend of the Seas,
leaving Civitavecchia on October 30th and arriving in Singapore on
December 9th. I am getting conflicting information about visa
requirements and I am hoping someone here can help me sort it out.

My question concerns some of the more 'unusual' countries I will be
visiting - Egypt, Oman, UAE, India, Thailand, Malyasia and Singapore.
I've heard that Egypt is pretty relaxed about their visas and you can
pick one up on the spot, that Indian visas have to be picked up in
your home country prior to departure.

Royal Carribbean's phone rep said that I will not need any visas as
the ship carries some sort of group coverage and that I will be given
a copy of that to carry with me when I'm on land (whether on a ship's
excursion or off on my own).

The company that India outsources their visa applications to said that
I 'probably' will need a visa. I am not sure if that is just a
company trying to make a bit of money off of me.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this
for me. I am under a bit of a time crunch and I don't particularly
want to spend time and money running down visas if I don't need to.

TIA

Old October 3rd, 2008, 06:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 10/2/2008 12:49 PM RicodJour did a "happy dance", then made these
writings:
[...]

There is one thing you didn't mention which may be key as to how to
proceed. You didn't mention the country of your citizenship. I hesitate
to give information which may not apply.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 3rd, 2008, 01:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RicodJour

On Oct 3, 1:55*am, Brian K wrote:
[...]

Right, thanks. I'm a USA-ian.

Old October 17th, 2008, 05:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
grusl

On Oct 3, 5:58*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 3, 1:55*am, Brian K wrote:

[...]

Right, thanks. *I'm a USA-ian.

For Oman, UAE, India, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore you can either
get visa on arrival or else do not need one. Egypt I don't know.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore
Old October 17th, 2008, 05:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
grusl

On Oct 3, 1:55*am, Brian K wrote:

[...]

For Oman, UAE, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore you can either
get visa on arrival or else do not need one. Egypt I don't know.

Oops .. mistakenly included India. You do need a visa in advance for
India.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore
Old October 17th, 2008, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Paul Johnson

On Oct 3, 1:55 am, Brian K wrote:
[...]

Check this website for visa info anywhe
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1765.html