Dutch Vikings Return from Voyage to New World

Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

Default Dutch Vikings Return from Voyage to New World

On Dec 20, 10:35�am, "Sheree" wrote:
rosaly:
i'm Jewish and did not take the remakr that way at all. �she said sailing
from FLL during Hanukkah and i took it to me the steotypical boca/maj jong
crowd. �and i would have to agree, they can be quite rude.
sheree

"Rosaly Z. Greenberger" wrote in ...

I find your mention of the Bronx people sailing for Chanukah
being rude a glaring anti-semitic remark.

I've been on this rtc group for a number of years and pretty much know the
people involved. �Many people are rude but I object to your\
insinuation and believe you should read that paragraph over again
and think about what you were inferring.

If my feelings are correct, then I would never want to cruise with
your bigoted inferences.

rosaly- Hide quoted text -

Sherree Absolutely! I love going to the candle ceremony but I said
NO way I knew it be Biotch and whine.. and YEP they were playing Mah
Jong....
And on cruise Critic it is something everyone that was on Westerdam
( I have no clue whom these folks are) Are saying the same thing - the
2nd week sailing after us was saying that the Staff even said it was
a rough sailing for rudeness..... it was all the talk. makes me feel
much better that it just was not me feeling that way!
I know I will not retire to Boca or Ft Lauderdale cause I be pulling
my hair out! LOL

SUSIE
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Susette wrote On 12/22/2009 8:57 AM:
[...]

Why would you be pulling your hair out in Ft. Lauderdale. There's lots
of nice neighborhoods like Wilton Manors, Plantation, etc. For me a big
plus is that off season it's a short drive to Miami or Key West. If
your not in a hurry you can sail from Ft. Lauderdale to City Marina in
Key West. I had a friend with a fully tricked out Chinese Junk, the
journey was wonderful. You couldn't beat the lodging either. Every
night the breezes made a/c unnecessary, and the gentle rocking motion
would lull me to sleep.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Will travel to florida for a cruise,but no way would i live there,even
with all our 24 inches of snow this week,i still like the changes of
the seasons.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Dec 22, 5:35�pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
Will travel to florida for a cruise,but no way would i live there,even
with all our 24 inches of snow �this week,i still like the changes of
the seasons.

� � � � � cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

me either at lest not that area I can not take all those rude people
NOT that they are all rude
Old December 28th, 2009, 02:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Susette wrote On 12/23/2009 3:52 PM:
On Dec 22, 5:35�pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:

Will travel to florida for a cruise,but no way would i live there,even
with all our 24 inches of snow �this week,i still like the changes of
the seasons.

� � � � � cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

me either at lest not that area I can not take all those rude people
NOT that they are all rude

During my many visits to Ft. Lauderdale, the only rude people I've
encountered were fellow vacationers. All the locals I've interacted
with have been downright friendly. I guess I'm a misplaced tropical
soul. I like the change of seasons too. Off Season and High Season.
Dry Season and Rainy Season. Snow I can live without. Autumn leaves,
I've raked enough. I like some of the different neighborhoods of FLL.
Wilton Manors is very laid back, almost suburban in nature. Then
there's that area near a park with many Victorians and a strong
Latin-Cubano flavor. During the warm/dry season there's always a party
going on in the park. Lots of Latin sounds, and food float in the air.

But to each his/her own.

--
________

Old December 29th, 2009, 12:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Dutch Vikings Photos

I have put up some of the photos I took on the Vikings go Dutch cruise
at:

http://chasfotos.smugmug.com/Travel/Vikings-Go-Dutch/

--
Charles
Old December 29th, 2009, 01:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gen

Thanks for sharing. Looks like fun. Please explain the Vikings--is it some
sort of a club, or just a large group of friends?
Gen

d...

Old December 29th, 2009, 03:56 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Charles wrote:
I have put up some of the photos I took on the Vikings go Dutch cruise
at:

http://chasfotos.smugmug.com/Travel/Vikings-Go-Dutch/

Great pictures Charles, thanks.

We have to give HAL another try one day and I also want to go back to
Curaco.

sue
Old December 29th, 2009, 04:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Dec 28, 10:56*pm, Sue Mullen wrote:
Charles wrote:
I have put up some of the photos I took on the Vikings go Dutch cruise
at:

http://chasfotos.smugmug.com/Travel/Vikings-Go-Dutch/

Great pictures Charles, thanks.

We have to give HAL another try one day and I also want to go back to
Curaco.

sue

Nice photos Charles, thanks for sharing.

Lola in Hamilton
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Gen
wrote:

Thanks for sharing. Looks like fun. Please explain the Vikings--is it some
sort of a club, or just a large group of friends?

It is a large group of friends. Some were friends before going on the
annual Viking cruise. Many became friends after going on a Viking
cruise. Every Viking cruise we make new friends.

--
Charles