HELP!!!

Old November 26th, 2006, 04:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

Default HELP!!!

Let me quess. 13...no...make it 14 years old for erica. She has a lot to
learn.

JP

"Erica" wrote in message
ups.com...
i'm going to try to get a job. i would only be able to work on weekends
and holidays (im taking AP classes at school and i need the weekdays to
get my homework done). also, im not sure if anyone would hire me to
work just those hours. ill check into it. even if i do, i don't think
ill save up enough.

if you don't agree with my asking for help, please keep your comments
to yourself.

Old November 26th, 2006, 04:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

You could contact George L, a distinquished travel agent, who hangs out on
this newsgroup. Just look for him. He might know of sometype of "creative
financing", which would allow you, your sisters and mommy to go on a cruise.
Something along the lines of a polish car loan. I.E....Pay $5 a month for
the next 90 years, or until you are 103. See what he has to say, as he
should be very creative, when it comes to hawking cruises.

JP

"Erica" wrote in message
ups.com...
Me and my sisters are suprising my mom with a cruise this
christmas...but we don't have enough money yet. If you are interested
in helping us please visit my blog...
http://thebestpresentever.blogspot.com . Thanks! Also if anyone has
any tips on what cruise line (we were thinking Carnival) or anything
else please post on my blog!!!

Old November 26th, 2006, 04:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Erica

i'm willing to pay back anyone who helps ....but it might take a while.
if you're not interested, please keep your comments to yourself.

by the way, im 17.

On Nov 26, 10:19 am, "JP" wrote:
You could contact George L, a distinquished travel agent, who hangs out on
this newsgroup. Just look for him. He might know of sometype of "creative
financing", which would allow you, your sisters and mommy to go on a cruise.
Something along the lines of a polish car loan. I.E....Pay $5 a month for
the next 90 years, or until you are 103. See what he has to say, as he
should be very creative, when it comes to hawking cruises.

JP

"Erica" wrote in oglegroups.com...

Me and my sisters are suprising my mom with a cruise this
christmas...but we don't have enough money yet. If you are interested
in helping us please visit my blog...
http://thebestpresentever.blogspot.com. Thanks! Also if anyone has
any tips on what cruise line (we were thinking Carnival) or anything
else please post on my blog!!!- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old November 26th, 2006, 04:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Erica" wrote in message
ups.com...
Me and my sisters are suprising my mom with a cruise this
christmas...but we don't have enough money yet. If you are interested
in helping us please visit my blog...
http://thebestpresentever.blogspot.com . Thanks! Also if anyone has
any tips on what cruise line (we were thinking Carnival) or anything
else please post on my blog!!!

Erica,
It is a nice gesture to try to surprise your mom with such a gift. But when
you give a gift, it should be one that you and your sisters have worked for
and earned, otherwise it is meaningless...I don't know if your mom knows
what you are doing, but if I were in her place, I would be embarrassed and
ashamed that my children were begging for money to purchase me a gift. A
gift is not a gift when you ask others to buy it for you..It makes your mom
look like a charity case..You cannot go through life expecting others to pay
your way.. Doing what you are doing now, makes you no different than a
street beggar. Surely you have more self respect than that.

The people who are on this cruise group have worked very hard to take the
cruises that they have taken..Some are retired and after working hard for
45+ years, they are enjoying their well deserved retirement and money that
THEY saved..
Many are still employed and saving their money so that they can afford to go
on cruises.

I would forget about getting a P.O.Box...it will not be worth it...instead
develop a good work ethic and you will find that things that you work for
are far much more enjoyable than those *given* to you.
You may have to work harder and longer for a cruise for your mom, but
believe me, it will mean a lot more to her if it was your hard work that
made it possible...Shoot for next year and start saving now.

Good Luck!
--Jean

Old November 26th, 2006, 04:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Erica

she will never be able to afford one, but thank you for your advice.
it's just that this is her dream vacation that she never got. she has
sacrificed so much for us.... and i guess i just wanted to make this
happen. i wasn't expecting anyone to pay for the WHOLE thing, just a
bunch of people pitching in like $10. we've already got about $1000
from sales, babysitting, pettsitting, etc...but that took a longgg time
(over a year.) you may be right, but i still want to make this happen.
next year i'm in college, so this will be the last year for all four of
us to be together. i dont want to give up. do you have any other advice
on where i could work/ how i could raise money?

thank you

Old November 26th, 2006, 05:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
roger gould

Here's an idea...go out on the street and peddle your ass for some
cash? Better hurry though, before your pussy dries up like most of the
old hags on this newsgroup.

Maybe write to some of the agents that advertise here, maybe they would
like to go along and you can give them a free ride while they pay for
your trip.

Don't even bother selling your ass on the ship, there is an over
abundence of skanks there already.

I know, I saw them there.

Yours truly
Roger

Old November 26th, 2006, 05:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Erica" wrote in message
oups.com...
she will never be able to afford one, but thank you for your advice.
it's just that this is her dream vacation that she never got. she has
sacrificed so much for us.... and i guess i just wanted to make this
happen. i wasn't expecting anyone to pay for the WHOLE thing, just a
bunch of people pitching in like $10. we've already got about $1000
from sales, babysitting, pettsitting, etc...but that took a longgg time
(over a year.) you may be right, but i still want to make this happen.
next year i'm in college, so this will be the last year for all four of
us to be together. i dont want to give up. do you have any other advice
on where i could work/ how i could raise money?

thank you

Erica,
I don't know where you live, or in how large of a town/city, but aren't most
stores hiring part time help for Christmas?
There will be help also needed after Christmas for inventory taking and you
would be off from school during that time. Most fast food places are always
hiring as well as restaurants..I know that my granddaughter is going to
college and working in a restaurant and they adjust her hours to her college
classes...don't give up...keep checking around and make it known that you
want a job. The $1000. that you already have, is a great start...depending
how close you are to a cruise port and if you don't need airline
tickets...You can get 4-5 day cruises for $399-$500.pp if you shop carefully
and watch for specials.

Hang in there and keep trying, you will be surprised what tenacity and hard
work will accomplish! And you will have the pride of having done it all by
yourself, which will really show your mom how much you appreciate the
sacrifices that she has made for you and truly be an expression of your love
for her!

Good Luck!

--Jean

Old November 26th, 2006, 05:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Erica

thank you, you are a really nice person. i appreciate your advice.

"Erica" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

Old November 26th, 2006, 05:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Erica" wrote in message
ups.com...
that was uncalled for

Definitely uncalled for and disgustingly crude..

--Jean