Sea sickness medication

Old April 12th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Dick Goldhaber

Default Sea sickness medication

As I said to Sue, if you think that you will be seasick, you probably will.

Sue has CFS which could cause the problem. I don't, Danni doesn't, and
Heidi is a dog.

Do either you or Hans have a problem? If not, do you expect that it will
occur on your next cruise?

If you do not have a identifiable problem, why would you expect it to
influence your next cruise?
"CupCaked" wrote in message
"Dick Goldhaber" wrote:

I have been known to be wrong in the past but I believe that "mal de mer"

is
as much mental as it is a part of cruising.

Well, you're wrong again. Seasickness is certainly NOT "mental."

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old April 12th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Dick Goldhaber

Jon,

Zero for seven will probably get you to zero for eight. But keep them handy
just in case.

I am zero for 18 including a trans-Atlantic crossing in 1955 on the MS
Marine Carp from Jersey City to Bremerhaven, Germany in 1956.

DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

wrote in message
Before I started cruising, I was scared to death of becoming seasick.
..Just took my 7th. cruise about a month ago. Haven't had to take a
pill yet. ....It seems as long as I keep a few handy in my bag, I'm
OK. Ha... They're probably outdated by now, anyways. ...But they're
still there.. Just in case. ...Jon

Old April 12th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Dick Goldhaber wrote:

Sue,

It may not be in some cases. I am not familiar with Chronic Fatigue
Syndrome as are probably many of us, but I do not doubt for a second that it
is real.

My contention is that if one approaches a cruise thinking that they will be
sick, they probably will.

I don't think that this statement is true, some people get sea sick,
others don't, but there is no way a person can controll this by the way
they approach a cruise. Getting sea sick is a physical thing, not a
mental theing.

The only reason that I mentioned CFS is that it is a physical illness
and many people over the years have said it is a mental illness. This is
why I feel the need to say that something isn't at all mental, when it
is physical. It would be nice if positive thinking could prevent
seasickness.

sue

Old April 12th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Dick Goldhaber wrote:

Sue has CFS which could cause the problem. I don't, Danni doesn't, and
Heidi is a dog.

Dick,

I have never been sea sick in my life, if you reread my post you will
see what I was saying.

sue

Old April 12th, 2004, 11:16 PM

Dick... I agree with your statement that if you think you're going to be
sick, you will be. ...Some people can't handle even the slightest rock
on the ocean, but slap them in a vehicle travelling down the curvey
Calif. coast, where they're continually being bounced from one side of
the seat to the other, and they'll kick back a couple of chilli cheese
dogs on the fly without even batting an eye.

I recall my parents telling me about a ship they took across the
Atlantic in the 50s. There was a woman who got on board in Halifax. She
became instantly sea sick ...Even before they had left the dock. .
...Jon

Old April 12th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Tom & Linda

Zero for 18 is good.

I'm 30 out of 31... the other way around. 1 without Bonine (I learned)...
30 with Bonine.

--Tom

Old April 13th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Charles

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Zero for 18 is good.

I'm 30 out of 31... the other way around. 1 without Bonine (I learned)...
30 with Bonine.

Sheesh. No wonder you like port intensive itineraries.

--
Charles
Old April 13th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Tom & Linda

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Zero for 18 is good.

I'm 30 out of 31... the other way around. 1 without Bonine (I

learned)...
30 with Bonine.

Sheesh. No wonder you like port intensive itineraries.

--
Charles

Zactly!!

--Tom

Old April 13th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Zero for 18 is good.

I'm 30 out of 31... the other way around. 1 without Bonine (I learned)...
30 with Bonine.

Sheesh. No wonder you like port intensive itineraries.

Tom just has to take his meds and he is fine(grin).

sue

Old April 13th, 2004, 02:21 AM

While cruising the Tasman Sea last month, the sea was a bit active --
waves (not just spray, but serious water) was banging into the 11th
deck front windows. Great fun -- although, I must say, the dining room
was rather empty for a few meals. grin This was the first time I
have been on a ship with interesting sea conditions .. I was
pleasantly surprised to find out that I am not subject to sea
sickness.

Paul

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
et...