What is the very first?

Old April 15th, 2004, 04:34 AM
Candy

Default What is the very first?

We have to get up at 3:30 to make our first flight, and after walking
and waiting in lines at airports and (sometimes) at the pier, after
LidoLunch we are whipped. Also, even the non-drowsy Dramamine makes us
sleepy.

Of course, it's different on every ship. If our dinner assignments
aren't acceptable, we'll visit the Maitre d'. If there is an excursion
we need to jump on, we'll put in our order at the Excursion Box.

Candy -- thinks there's plenty of time later to explore the ship

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Guess so far it is about 50/50 -between checking out the cabin and going to
the buffet.
Except for a few peculiarities that is ;-D
Was surprised that Candy could nap until drill time. I suppose because I'm
too anxious to check the ship out to think of napping!

--Jean

Old April 15th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Candy" wrote in message
We have to get up at 3:30 to make our first flight, and after walking
and waiting in lines at airports and (sometimes) at the pier, after
LidoLunch we are whipped. Also, even the non-drowsy Dramamine makes us
sleepy.

Of course, it's different on every ship. If our dinner assignments
aren't acceptable, we'll visit the Maitre d'. If there is an excursion
we need to jump on, we'll put in our order at the Excursion Box.

Candy -- thinks there's plenty of time later to explore the ship

Very understandable in that case, Candy.

--Jean ;-)

Old April 15th, 2004, 06:52 AM
fmomoon

Jean O'Boyle wrote in message
m...
You have just stepped aboard the ship, swiped your sail and sign card,

which
also took your ID photo~~NOW
What is the very first thing that you do every time that you cruise?

Me~ I always want to go see our stateroom to make sure that all is okay..

--Jean

I look forward to figuring that one out for my first cruise on 7/5!
--
Monica
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future plans. (Woody Allen)

Old April 15th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Larry Simon

1. Go to stateroom to drop off carry on.
2. Go to spa to get massage reservations
3. Go to dining room if seat assignments need to change and to see if I can
figure out when the least desirable menu is up so I can go onto 4.
4. Make reservations at specialty restaurant
5. Explore ship
6. Complain about having to do muster drill (I complain because I haven't
mellowed out to cruise mode yet)
7. Open champagne and take onto deck to drink during sail-away - this was a
new one last cruise and we decided it was a GREAT idea!

Old April 15th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Bob and Amy

We always take our things to our stateroom and immediately head out to
explore the entire ship, stopping by the dining room to check/change our
seating assignments and also visiting the alternative restaurants to
make our reservations.

Old April 15th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Lunyma

We always drop off our carry ons in the cabin (only once was denied access),
then off the buffet for lunch. After that, I explore the ship from top to
bottom, stopping at the dining room to see where and what kind of table we've
been assigned, and if necessary, go to the maitre de at the assigned time to
change it. DH goes right to the cabin for a nap after lunch, and doesn't wake
up till muster time...

Old April 15th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Lee

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message om...
You have just stepped aboard the ship, swiped your sail and sign card, which
also took your ID photo~~NOW
What is the very first thing that you do every time that you cruise?

Except for this last cruise, when I was so late arriving, I was just
happy to be on board before sail-away, and my first cruise, when I
didn't know better...I head to the spa first!!!!! Why? We were on a
Princess cruise years ago. Apparently, we were one of the first people
to come up there to check it out. They asked us if we were busy that
afternoon, and if we'd be interested in acting as their "models" for
the spa tour demonstrations. My husband, sister and best friend got
selected to be "models". My sister got a two-hour facial...FREE!!! My
friend got a two-hour reflexology massage...FREE!!. My husband did the
best. He got a two-hour seaweed wrap treatment (sticker price was
around $190)...FREE!!

Of course, they had their treatments in front of an audience of fellow
passengers as they walked through the facilities and heard the sales
pitch for services, but all three agreed that it was was way fun, the
treatments were great (and extra long), the technicians were friendly
and having a good time.

So, if we board early enough, we zip up to the spa to see if they're
looking for guinea pigs for that first day's spa tours.

And then...we head for the buffet.

Lee

Old April 15th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 01:18:59 GMT, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

And you are right, Howie. Having been an RN for many years, urination was
one of the least embarrassing experiences for me.

Why was it embarrassing at all? Did you regularly miss the water?

How little some people
know about me to make such presumptions.

Knowledge=interest.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old April 15th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:15:10 -0700, "Joe &Jane Gillespie"
wrote:

Having met both you and Jean within the past 12 months, I can say that she
has about 10 times the class you have.

You've never met me.

You are a bore, a cynic and are just
plain nasty.

Excuse me, there is nothing plain when I get nasty.

Woof.

Jean is personable, has a very nice husband and is a pleasure
to be around.

They said the same things about Eva Peron.

If I ever had the opportunity to have dinner with either of
you, I'd gladly pick Jean,

Good idea. I'd refuse to eat with you.

but ask the waiter for a change of tables if you
were present. I think you and Crissy would make really great tablemates.

That's "Chrissy" and I don't have tablemates when I
Chrrriiiisssssssssy Cruuuuuuuuise.

Please, do us all a favor and skip the ggc2005.

Skipped right over it.