Best cruise for a toddler

Old August 3rd, 2004, 12:23 PM
nekochan

Default Best cruise for a toddler

When my son was 20 months, we went on the Celebrity Century. They
allowed him into the playroom as long as he was supervised - either by
us or we could hire an on board babysitter. Probably most of the
cruiselines would allow your kid to use the playroom if you supervise
him. If you wait 6 months, I believe Carnival allows two year olds in
their kids programs. And I believe Disney starts their program at just
a few months old. (I'm not sure of the ages for either cruiseline)

I would strongly suggest you choose a cruiseline that has in cabin
babysitting. That way, you and hubby can have a night out - dinner and
a show alone.

good luck
Heidi
Old August 3rd, 2004, 02:30 PM
Lee

"dm" wrote in message r.com...
it worked out great for us. We
ended up spending most of the time in our balcony cabin.

How is spending most of your time in your balcony cabin considered
"worked great for us"? I've nothing agains spending time in my cabin,
but it seems to me that you miss out on an awful lot doing that. I
love luxuriating out there early in the morning sipping tea and eating
croissants. And, I love lounging out there before dinner while my
husband is getting ready. But, I can hardly see how spending most of
my time in my cabin equates to working great.

I have nothing against kids. But, I think 18 months is an awkward age
for a kid to be on a cruise. Doesn't sound like much r&r for you.
You're right. The kids program doesn't want someone that young. Maybe
you two can take the cruise alone and leave baby with grandparents or
good friends? More relaxing for all parties.

Lee

Old August 3rd, 2004, 04:57 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 04:30:11 GMT, dm wrote:

What do folks have against children? We were all children once.

We were all embryos once too. Should we cruise with a jar full of embryos?
Old August 3rd, 2004, 04:57 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

Old August 3rd, 2004, 06:23 PM
dm

Would anyone really complain if someone took a jar of embryos on a cruise?
Gonna sift through luggage to find anything else you don't like? We all end
up as dirt too, I don't care if you bring dirt onboard.

Should we not cruise with married people if we're divorced because it
bothers us.
Should we not cruise with smokers, drinkers, partiers.
How about snobby obnoxious people.
What about bitter old people.
How about ethnic or cultural backgrounds we don't like.

A cruise is a cross section of the population. Surprise surprise, there are
CHILDREN in this world. Lots of screaming loud kids who I'm sure go out of
their way to bother anyone who can't appreciate the fun full of life
pleasure of having a wonderful caring child with them. I feel incredibly
blessed to have our child and cherish the thought of enjoying the cruising
experience with this little sponge of a mind. The look of wonder and
amazement, learning about every new that they run across. What better
adventure that a cruise, to share in the joy we all experience on a cruise.
The sea air, the sight and sound of the ocean rushing by, the fun of a pool,
warm pleasant weather, wondrous new ports of calls with different cultures,
languages, people. So much to absorb.

I'm glad to be fortunate enough to have a little one around to help me
experience the joy and wonder of life. We've cruised at least once a year
for the last 15 years. We want to share that experience with our child, to
enjoy it with them, not to try and avoid them.

I don't know if folks are unaware of child ages, but 18 months is generally
a pretty pleasant time for a child. They're interested in the world,
somewhat headstrong, but not really able to be as big a pain as older
children. Preschool age can be louder, then there's the pre-teen and teenage
years where they're running around out of control, tearing things up. Then
of course there's the worst stage of all when they become adults and they
run around, are loud, obnoxious and try to tell everyone else what they can
and can't do.

Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:24 PM
Don & Lynn

There used to be three subjects not to discuss---politics, religion, tipping
on cruise ships, and now, toddlers on cruise ships(LOL).

"dm" wrote in message
.com...
Can anyone give suggestions for the best cruise for a 18month old toddler.

We cruised the Norweigan Sun last year, it worked out great for us.
Freestyle cruising helped us a lot with an unpredictable baby schedule. We
ended up spending most of the time in our balcony cabin.

This year our son is much more active and will need to run and play.

Sounds
like 18 months is too young for most kid programs. It would be great if we
could be with him in a play area, like the ball filled gyms or a padded

play
area like they have at our local malls. I don't know what the rules are
about parents being in the kid areas or using the kid water slides.

Thanks