Why new ships?

Old September 28th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Charles

In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

You will be leaving right after the GGC leaves on 10/31
won't you?

My Miracle sailing is 10/10.

While I have liked the new ships, I really liked the ships that were
not new also. Galaxy, is one that I really liked. And the old Pacific
Princess that you mentioned was another.

--
Charles
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

You will be leaving right after the GGC leaves on 10/31
won't you?

My Miracle sailing is 10/10.

Yikes, that is just a round the corner! I thought it was later.

While I have liked the new ships, I really liked the ships that were
not new also. Galaxy, is one that I really liked. And the old Pacific
Princess that you mentioned was another.

I keep hearing so much about the Galaxy that I really must try her..I hope
she docks here during a time that we are able to go.
Isn't it something how everyone has such good memories of the Old Pacific
Princess? We got to sail her twice before she left.
I wonder who is sailing her now? Sounds like the title of a song! ;-)

--Jean

--
Charles

Old September 28th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Surfer E2468

We also sailed on the original PACIFIC PRINCESS,and we loved it,wish she
were still in service.Sailed on her 5 times
Surfer e2468

Old September 28th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Charles

In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

Isn't it something how everyone has such good memories of the Old Pacific
Princess? We got to sail her twice before she left.
I wonder who is sailing her now? Sounds like the title of a song! ;-)

She was sold to a Spanish company. Pulmantur I think? I think she is
called Pacific.

--
Charles

Old September 28th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Charles

In article ,
wrote:

but I like the smaller islands, and a port
every day.

I hate a port every day. I like sea days. Got to have at least two. My
cruise coming up on Carnival has three sea days. Yum.

--
Charles
Old September 28th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
She was sold to a Spanish company. Pulmantur I think? I think she is
called Pacific.

You're right, Charles.. From what I found about her below, she must be
sailing out of the Dominican Republic by now...Wonder if we will ever see
and recognize her on our sea travels in the eastern Caribbean?
--Jean

Pulmantur has purchased the 1971 built Pacific Princess, the former "Love
Boat" of Princess Cruises. She will be re-named "Pacific". The purchase
price is reported to be $15 million and she is scheduled for delivery on
12/5 in Rome. The ship will then sail to Greece where she will undergo
refurbishing prior to deployment out of her year round homeport of La Romana
in the Dominican Republic. While it's heartening to see that she's found a
good home, I just hope that Pulmantur makes all the necessary mechanical and
structural repairs to her before she enters service.

Old September 28th, 2004, 04:16 AM
A. Scott

I'll give you a couple reasons we tend to go for new ships, and you're
free to have your issues with them.

1) New ships usually entail a new design and being ship architecture
fiends, it means an additionla piece of the experience.

2) Depending on the line, older ships may show more wear and tear than
we want to spend 7+ days looking at.

3) I think new ships are exciting for the crews. Therefore, there is
an energy in the staff that is contagious and leads to a better time
for the passengers.

There's no prejudice in our decision, it is just a desire to meet the
three criteria above.

Happy Cruising!

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:36:59 GMT, Benjamin Smith
wrote:

For those that must have or strongly prefer new ships, with new being
defined as ships in service for 2 years or less, why?

I've have issues with you, but please state your case

Ben S.

Old September 28th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"A. Scott" wrote in message
I'll give you a couple reasons we tend to go for new ships, and you're
free to have your issues with them.

1) New ships usually entail a new design and being ship architecture
fiends, it means an additionla piece of the experience.

2) Depending on the line, older ships may show more wear and tear than
we want to spend 7+ days looking at.

3) I think new ships are exciting for the crews. Therefore, there is
an energy in the staff that is contagious and leads to a better time
for the passengers.

There's no prejudice in our decision, it is just a desire to meet the
three criteria above.

Happy Cruising!

All good and sound reasons I think!

--Jean