I'm French and my Trip from Indiannapolis to Wash DC was excellent.

Old February 26th, 2005, 08:13 PM
bejarry gil

Default I'm French and my Trip from Indiannapolis to Wash DC was excellent.

I did travel by my own in mid-west.
I did stop little villages and big cities.
All of you were really nice i just saw one
tag asking to boycott France on a car.
Well i was afraid with Bush supporters,
in red neck bars. I was going to red-neck places.
it was during last election.
I'm so kind of adventurous.
But i decided to fight my fears and talk
with them.
You know what was funny, we just felt
we had no differences. Is like i just
knew those people for ever.
They did not stones me.
I even felt so kind of peace meeting me.
In Cicinnatti i could go and see Bush
rally, I had no invitation, but immediatly
Bush supporters offered me theirs.
I just regret we didn't go futher about
deepper things.
But it was because of times.

Be also welcome in France.

Old February 27th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:13:20 +0100 in rec.travel.usa-canada,
bejarry gil wrote:

Be also welcome in France.

I was, very much, during last year's Tour de France.

Old February 27th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Dennis P. Harris

Old February 28th, 2005, 02:09 PM

bejarry gil wrote:
[snip]
You know what was funny, we just felt
we had no differences. Is like i just
knew those people for ever.
They did not stones me.
I even felt so kind of peace meeting me.
In Cicinnatti i could go and see Bush
rally, I had no invitation, but immediatly
Bush supporters offered me theirs.

[snip]

The French and Americans are like family.
They'll whine and complain about each other
all day long. And then the dinner bell rings
and they all sit down together and eat.
Glad you sat down at the table. "Ya'll
come back soon now, ya hear".

Old February 28th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Pierre_St_Germain

"bejarry gil" wrote in message
news
I did travel by my own in mid-west.
I did stop little villages and big cities.
All of you were really nice i just saw one
tag asking to boycott France on a car.
Well i was afraid with Bush supporters,
in red neck bars. I was going to red-neck places.
it was during last election.

Did you try any "Freedom Fries?"

They did not stones me.

Ah yes, stoning. We don't do too much of that here in the USA anymore.
Most people prefer 9mm caliber machine pistols to really get their point
across.

I even felt so kind of peace meeting me.
In Cicinnatti i could go and see Bush
rally, I had no invitation, but immediatly
Bush supporters offered me theirs.

So the Bushies were trying to get you, a tourist, into the polls as well??!!
Doesn't surprise me, bunch of hypocrites. They'll rant and rave against
Europe and the French, but quietly they'll court their vote. Makes a bolus
of bile rise in my throat as I write this.

I just regret we didn't go futher about
deepper things.
But it was because of times.

Be also welcome in France.

I love France and if this oil war goes on much longer I just might spend a
couple of years there, give the middle-finger to the IRS (that's our tax
collection agency here in the USA).

Old February 28th, 2005, 06:08 PM

Pierre_St_Germain wrote:
"bejarry gil" wrote in message
news

[snip]
Be also welcome in France.

I love France and if this oil war goes on much longer I just might

spend a
couple of years there, give the middle-finger to the IRS (that's our

tax
collection agency here in the USA).

Um, even if you're living in France, you still have to file an
income
tax return in the US.

Old February 28th, 2005, 07:29 PM
PeterL

"Pierre_St_Germain" wrote in message
. ..

I love France and if this oil war goes on much longer I just might spend a
couple of years there, give the middle-finger to the IRS (that's our tax
collection agency here in the USA).

Um, sorry, you still have to pay US taxes. Unless of course you become a
French citizen. Then you'll find out what heavy taxation really means.

Old February 28th, 2005, 07:54 PM

PeterL wrote:
"Pierre_St_Germain" wrote in message
. ..

I love France and if this oil war goes on much longer I just might

spend a
couple of years there, give the middle-finger to the IRS (that's

our tax
collection agency here in the USA).

Um, sorry, you still have to pay US taxes. Unless of course you

become a
French citizen.

Actually, if the IRS decides that you became a french citizen to
avoid paying taxes, you STILL owe them the money.