Advance Reservations: How far in advance?

Old April 18th, 2004, 02:55 AM
John Smith

Default Advance Reservations: How far in advance?

I visited a travel agent today to inquire about NCL's Pride of Aloha
Hawaiian cruise in Dec/Jan 2004/2005.

Nice fella wants me to reserve my spot 6 months ahead of time to save
money. He says it will get us a lower price and that a seat on an
airplane from San Francisco to Hawaii is difficult to get at that time
of year. He also says it will be important to reserve 6 months ahead if
we want a cabin with a full view and balcony.

I've never had to make a reservation for anything (except state and
national park campgrounds) more than 2 months in advance.

What time frame for reservations are you comfortable with when it comes
to cruising?

Thanks,

JS

Old April 18th, 2004, 03:22 AM
cathy

When we are interested in booking a specific room or location we try to
book 10 to 12 months in advance.

Cathy

====================================

Old April 18th, 2004, 04:56 AM
John Smith

Holy Moly!

Have you been disappointed when you've booked on shorter notice?

JS

Old April 18th, 2004, 04:57 AM
John Smith

Well, alrighty then.

ASAP it is. Now to get my employer to cooperate this far in advance.

Thanks,

JS

CupCaked wrote:

We usually book as soon as we know we want to go on a certain cruise.
Heck, I've booked cruises on ships that were not even built yet :-)
Your TA's suggestion of six months is completely within reason.

Karen

Old April 18th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Tom & Linda

We typically book a year or even more in advance. We have 4 of us, and to
get a quad with a balcony can be difficult. You have to grab the few that
are available very early.

Since we book early, and since we typically do 2-3 cruises a year... having
2-3 cruises booked is called "stacking" around here.

--Tom

. com...

Old April 18th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Candy

Excellent advice. If you are planning a Holiday cruise and want
specific accomodations, even 12 months ahead is not out of line.

Candy -- books at least 6 months ahead to get that primo cabin

Old April 18th, 2004, 05:47 AM
Shazinz

I just booked for March 2005.

I feel good knowing its gonna happen!!

Shaz

Old April 18th, 2004, 06:50 AM
John Smith

Default Advance Reservations: How far in advance? (thank you)

Thanks for the advice!

JS

Old April 18th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Linsifer

Don't make me jealous, Tom. Just don't DO it! :-) (Actually, I was even stacked
in 2002. But, that was a fluke, believe me!

Lindsay