Gatwick Thefts

Old March 23rd, 2004, 10:59 AM
cupra

Default Gatwick Thefts

Miss L. Toe wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Miss L. Toe wrote:
Seven arrests over Gatwick thefts
Seven people have been arrested on suspicion of stealing from
snip

=20
When are they going to start arresting the Management who frequently
steal my time when it takes nearly 3hrs to retrieve baggage!!
=20
Last time I flew into Gatquick they were taking my bag off the
carousel as I arrived, I had stood still on the moving walkways
instead of walking along them and consequently arrived after all the
other passengers had collected their bags.

That's not bad - most of my Gatwick problems have been with holiday =
charters. The 'nearly 3 hour' wait was coming from Innsbruck to Gatwick =
2 years ago - from landing to exiting the arrivals was about twice as =
long as the flight!=20

--=20
cupra (remove nospam please to mail)

Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:57 PM
Traveller

" cupra" wrote in message

That's not bad - most of my Gatwick problems have been with holiday

charters. The 'nearly 3 hour' wait was coming from Innsbruck to Gatwick 2
years ago - from landing to exiting the arrivals was about twice as long as
the flight!

That is quite appaling. What did the airline say when you wrote to
complain?

Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:31 PM
cupra

Traveller wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
=20
=20
That's not bad - most of my Gatwick problems have been with holiday

charters. The 'nearly 3 hour' wait was coming from Innsbruck to
Gatwick 2 years ago - from landing to exiting the arrivals was about
twice as long as the flight!
=20
That is quite appaling. What did the airline say when you wrote to
complain?

It was a 'outside of our control' reply.... the holiday experience as a =
whole wasn't tainted by the experience (hence me not bothering to take =
it any further), but there were a few injured parties (winter sports) =
who were probably affected more than me!

Incidentally, I had a 2hr wait at Turin this Xmas - the baggage handlers =
were on strike and about 9-10 flights were being served by (if I =
remember rightly) three carousels. The best part (apart from the barging =
and elbowing) was our parties' luggage appearing on all three of the =
belts!!=20