Booking JetBlue

Old June 24th, 2004, 03:58 AM
SPotter614

Default Booking JetBlue

I would appreciate any help you can give me!

We are looking at booking a cruise during April vacation 2005 for a 50th
anniversary celebration for my parents. This would be a group of at least 12
people flying from Boston.

In looking at the big carriers, we would have to book the flight very soon as
the flights are already filling up from the Northeast.

JetBlue is a LOT cheaper, but as far as I can tell I can't book flights that
far out. '

Which puts me in a dilemma. If I wait I may not be able to get flights on the
full-service carriers, or have to pay a really high fare.

Since I've never used JetBlue, can anyone give me advice on this?

Thanks so much!

Susan in Maine
Old June 24th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Miguel Cruz

SPotter614 wrote:
I would appreciate any help you can give me!

We are looking at booking a cruise during April vacation 2005 for a 50th
anniversary celebration for my parents. This would be a group of at least
12 people flying from Boston.

In looking at the big carriers, we would have to book the flight very soon
as the flights are already filling up from the Northeast.

JetBlue is a LOT cheaper, but as far as I can tell I can't book flights
that far out. '

Which puts me in a dilemma. If I wait I may not be able to get flights on
the full-service carriers, or have to pay a really high fare.

Since I've never used JetBlue, can anyone give me advice on this?

Find out from JetBlue how far in advance you can book the ticket, and book
it then. I use Jetblue quite often and I don't think I've ever booked more
than a week in advance, usually a day or two.

Flights in April 2005 are not "filling up" on any carrier. They are just
playing with fares.

miguel
Old June 24th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
SPotter614 wrote:
[...]

and phone the airlines direct, they may give special pricing for a group of
12.

Have you looked into the cost of a small charter plane - might add a sepcial
touch to the event.

Old June 25th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Geoff Glave

We are looking at booking a cruise during April vacation 2005 for a 50th
anniversary celebration for my parents. This would be a group of at least 12
people flying from Boston.

I was watching the A&E program "Airline" a few months ago and they had
a segment where a group of cruise passengers were put in a difficult
situation when Southwest was forced to cancel a flight (can't remember
why - mechanical problem maybe?) and dozens of people missed their
cruise. I was stunned to see how many people had booked their flight
without a "buffer" at the beginning in case of such an eventuality,
i.e. a hotel at the cruise terminal the night before or first flight
early in the day.

Which is my way of saying that regardless of which carrier you choose,
make sure you book tickets in such a way that if your flight is
cancelled you don't miss your ship, or build in enough time so that if
your flight is cancelled you have other options for your carrier to
get you where you're going (in time!) from Maine, i.e. if they can't
get you there via hub "A" you have enough time so some of you could go
through hub "B" and some hub "C". It's a small possibility of course,
but remember that Murphy was an optimist.

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada
Old June 26th, 2004, 03:40 AM
SPotter614

Thanks for the advice.

We always fly in to the port of embarkation a day early - especially if we are
cruising during the winter!

I have called JetBlue - they require a minimum of 15 people to be considered a
group. The major carriers only require 10.

And yes, the flights for that week are already very heavily booked. JetBlue
told me that I needed to reserve NOW if I wanted my group, and Delta told me
that there are only full-fare seats available on Friday, Saturday or Sunday to
fly to FLL.

A charter flight would be nice but out of our price range, I'm afraid.

So we're pretty much back to the drawing board! Any other ideas anyone has
would be great!

Susan in Maine

Old June 26th, 2004, 07:42 AM
reallyme

SPotter614 wrote:

I would appreciate any help you can give me!

We are looking at booking a cruise during April vacation 2005 for a 50th
anniversary celebration for my parents. This would be a group of at least 12
people flying from Boston.

In looking at the big carriers, we would have to book the flight very soon as
the flights are already filling up from the Northeast.

JetBlue is a LOT cheaper, but as far as I can tell I can't book flights that
far out. '

Which puts me in a dilemma. If I wait I may not be able to get flights on the
full-service carriers, or have to pay a really high fare.

Since I've never used JetBlue, can anyone give me advice on this?

I had no trouble looking up flights for April 2005 from Boston to FLL at
the Jet Blue website. Did you try this?