ryaniar payment

Old March 5th, 2006, 12:17 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default ryaniar payment

I would like to purchase tickets on ryanair. Could I use a US Debit
Card to do so?

Thanks
Tino

Old March 5th, 2006, 01:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

I would like to purchase tickets on ryanair. Could I use a US Debit
Card to do so?

Wouldn't it make better sense to ask Ryanair than posters to
a travel newsgroup?

Old March 5th, 2006, 04:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to purchase tickets on ryanair. Could I use a US Debit
Card to do so?

Thanks
Tino

Is it allied to one of the major cards such as Mastercard or Visa? If it
contains 16 digits in the card number, and contains an expiry date, you've
nothing to lose by trying it out on the Ryanair website. If their system
issues you with an e-ticket and booking reference, you've been successful.
Otherwise you should get a message to say your card has been declined.

David Bennetts
Australia

Old March 5th, 2006, 08:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Lol at last a sensible answer, the first in ages

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" a écrit dans le
message de news: ...

Old March 5th, 2006, 10:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Martin" wrote in message
On 4 Mar 2006 16:17:47 -0800, wrote:

I would like to purchase tickets on ryanair. Could I use a US Debit
Card to do so?

Try it.

Preferably with a trip that you actually want to purchase :-)

tim

Old March 5th, 2006, 12:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy" wrote in
message news:1hbq5hl.1l3kgxiovb1qwN%this_address_is_for_sp ...
It's been 5 years
since I had and used a US 'debit' card in Europe, and when I did, it
functioned just like a visa card, and had the logo. If the OP's card has
the visa logo on it, then I suspect that Ryanair will treat it as such,
and will be delighted to slap on their, uh, higher administrative fee!

I've never used Ryanair, but other airlines I've used distinguish between
Visa debit and credit cards.

Alan Harrison

Old March 5th, 2006, 06:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

wrote:

I would like to purchase tickets on ryanair. Could I use a US Debit
Card to do so?

Wouldn't it make better sense to ask Ryanair than posters to
a travel newsgroup?

Jeez, first you tell people they should change their hairstyles instead
of using curlers, now this?

You left off the "smiley" Dave. Whassamatta, having a bad
day? ;-)