Parking at Turner Field

Old September 29th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Bishoop

Default Parking at Turner Field

I'm driving from Florida tomorrow for the Cubs/Braves playoff games in
Atlanta. I will be staying south of the city.

I have never been to Turner field. I'm looking for car parking
recommendations and what time I should start heading for the park from about
20 miles south.

Thanks for any tips.

Old September 29th, 2003, 06:47 PM
ziggy

"Bishoop" wrote in message
I'm driving from Florida tomorrow for the Cubs/Braves playoff games in
Atlanta. I will be staying south of the city.

I have never been to Turner field. I'm looking for car parking
recommendations and what time I should start heading for the park from

about
20 miles south.

Thanks for any tips.

i'd say right about now, given atlanta traffic.
sorry. i'd try to stay away from the "private lots" and get there nice and
early.

Old September 29th, 2003, 07:05 PM
bgs

:
: I have never been to Turner field. I'm looking for car parking
: recommendations and what time I should start heading for the park from
about
: 20 miles south.
:
: Thanks for any tips.
:
I would suggest you go to Atlanta's MARTA website, find the nearest station
to where you're staying and ride it to the game (ride MARTA, not the
station). IMHO, it's the only way for us out-of-towners to do it.
You'll be back to where you're staying while most will still be trying to
figure out how to get out of the stadium traffic.

Old September 29th, 2003, 09:57 PM
bgs

"Bishoop" wrote in message
:
:
: D.j. wrote:
: | here ya go buddy http://www.itsmarta.com/
: | have fun @ the game....
: |
: | "D.j." wrote in message
: | ...
: || I must agree when in doubt take Marta......
: ||
: || --
: || Thanks
: ||
: || Dario Ruff
: ||
: ||
: || "bgs" wrote in message
: || ...
: ||| "Bishoop" wrote in message
: ||| ...
: |||| I'm driving from Florida tomorrow for the Cubs/Braves playoff
: |||| games in Atlanta. I will be staying south of the city.
: ||||
: |||| I have never been to Turner field. I'm looking for car parking
: |||| recommendations and what time I should start heading for the park
: |||| from about 20 miles south.
: ||||
: |||| Thanks for any tips.
: ||||
: ||| I would suggest you go to Atlanta's MARTA website, find the nearest
: ||| station to where you're staying and ride it to the game (ride
: ||| MARTA, not the station). IMHO, it's the only way for us
: ||| out-of-towners to do it. You'll be back to where you're staying
: ||| while most will still be trying to figure out how to get out of the
: ||| stadium traffic.
:
: Doing some googling I came up with the following:
:
: The MARTA shuttle buses, which pick you up in Steve Polk Plaza and take
you
: to Turner Field.
:
: Not having been to Underground Atlanta in 10 years, is the Steve Polk
Plaza
: easy to find once I get to the Underground area?
:
: Thanks....
:

I was just looking at the Marta Map and don't see a Steve Polk Plaza and no
longer being an Atlanta Resident, I don't recognize the name either... but,
just to clarify my original suggestion, I would locate the Marta station
closest to where you are going to be staying in the Atlanta area park your
car there and take then take Marta to the game, to Underground etc, then
ride it back to your car. For us, coming to the city from the West, it
saves a whole lot of time, effort, parking money and hassle.

Cheers

Old September 30th, 2003, 01:17 AM
KStahl

Bishoop wrote:

I'm driving from Florida tomorrow for the Cubs/Braves playoff games in
Atlanta. I will be staying south of the city.

I have never been to Turner field. I'm looking for car parking
recommendations and what time I should start heading for the park from about
20 miles south.

Thanks for any tips.

The best bet is to start heading for the game before it actually starts.
That way the food in the concession stands still has a chance of being
hot or cold depending on what you buy. For parking, I'd recommend trying
to find a parking lot close to the field since otherwise you'd probably
have to walk quite some distance. Once the game gets started, try to
figure out whether the local team is going to lose badly, because if
they are it would probably be good to cut out after the fourth inning
since once other people determine that the game is going badly they'll
want to leave early and you'll run into traffic jams.

As for a tip - just don't take anything I say too seriously. I mostly
just enjoy making fun of the whole thing.
Old September 30th, 2003, 03:07 PM
ThrashATL

"Bishoop" wrote in message

Doing some googling I came up with the following:

The MARTA shuttle buses, which pick you up in Steve Polk Plaza and take you
to Turner Field.

Not having been to Underground Atlanta in 10 years, is the Steve Polk Plaza
easy to find once I get to the Underground area?

Thanks....

There are signs that point you to the "Braves Shuttle" (red, white & blue
signs)
all over the 5 Points Station (main station to transfer to Braves Shuttle).