The Aussies Getting Too Much Sun??

Old January 29th, 2008, 03:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
MI

Default The Aussies Getting Too Much Sun??

On 1/28/08 5:33 PM, in article
, "Gerrit"
wrote:

"MI" wrote in message

On 1/28/08 10:12 AM, in article , "Alan
Pollock" wrote:

sechumlib wrote:

That's all pretty laughable, in my opinion. We live in the US and have
visited various parts of Canada, both warm and cold weather. No
"terrorism, heavy snow, ice and forest fires" that we could see.

Somebody with no sense of humor would say that. Nex

I agree. Except this has put out as gospel. In fact the other day the
Australian ambassador defended it saying that 2 Australians had died in an
avalanche. The fact they were out of bounds apparently didn't matter. What
found particularly amusing was comments on the forest fires in British
Columbia. I wonder how the dimwits who put this out are going to survive
their forest fires. I saw lots of evidence fire damage to forests when I
was
there in November. I guess I shouldn't have gone.

--
Martha Canada

Martha
Just read in my earlier post in this thread what Canada says about Australia
:-)

Gerrit

I missed it. But I can imagine. I sometimes wonder what some people use for
brains. I don't know what we said about Oz, but I'm sure it was as stupid as
the one about us. I read somewhere that I shouldn't go to Queensland because
they get monsoons sometimes. I think they also mentioned fires. If we
believed half of what they warn us about, we wouldn't go anywhere. I'm
hoping to come back and see some more and meet some more wonderful people
when I can save a few pennies. Yes we still use pennies. And I'll look out
for crocodiles and snakes.
--
Martha Canada

Old January 29th, 2008, 03:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan Pollock

MI wrote:

I missed it. But I can imagine. I sometimes wonder what some people use for
brains. I don't know what we said about Oz, but I'm sure it was as stupid as
the one about us. I read somewhere that I shouldn't go to Queensland because
they get monsoons sometimes. I think they also mentioned fires. If we
believed half of what they warn us about, we wouldn't go anywhere. I'm
hoping to come back and see some more and meet some more wonderful people
when I can save a few pennies. Yes we still use pennies. And I'll look out
for crocodiles and snakes.

Personally, I wouldn't go near earth considering the global warming uh threat.

But simply put, life bites. Even more simply: so what? It's all a matter of
degree. Tell an alcoholic to avoid Saudi Arabia, fine. Tell someone to avoid
BC for the fires: get stuffed and end of story. Nex

(Unless there's an ulterior motive, and then it's get stuffed twice)