Fidel Castro announces retirement

Old February 19th, 2008, 01:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Forest Gimp

Default Fidel Castro announces retirement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7252109.stm

Fidel Castro announces retirement

US President George W Bush said ......

"And we're going to help. The United States will help the people of
Cuba realise the blessings of liberty."

........does Cuba have any oil ??
Old February 19th, 2008, 01:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Erick T. Barkhuis[_1_]

Forest Gimp:

Fidel Castro announces retirement

You didn't expect him to feature at the next disco party, claiming his
next 20 years in administration, did you?

US President George W Bush said ......

"And we're going to help. The United States will help the people of
Cuba realise the blessings of liberty."

.......does Cuba have any oil ??

From Wikipedia:

__________________________
Nickel industry
Cuba has had until recently one of the America's most productive and long
standing nickel mines.

Oil wealth
Recent oil exploration has revealed that the North Cuba Basin has
approximately 4.6 billion to 9.3 billion barrels of oil in it, which Cuba
has now started to test-drill (as of 2006).
___________________________

--
Erick
Old February 19th, 2008, 01:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

"Erick T. Barkhuis" -o-m wrote:
Oil wealth
Recent oil exploration has revealed that the North Cuba Basin
has approximately 4.6 billion to 9.3 billion barrels of oil in it,
which Cuba has now started to test-drill (as of 2006).

Isn't Cuba also hiding Osama? Let's invade!

Old February 19th, 2008, 02:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike.......[_2_]

Following up to "Rog'" wrote:

Isn't Cuba also hiding Osama? Let's invade!

haven't you Yankee dopes noticed he is standing for president right
under your noses? So is it pull out of Iraq and leave a power vacuum
for the mad towel heads and finally invade Cuba successfully?
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old February 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
J. Clarke[_2_]

Rog' wrote:
"Erick T. Barkhuis" -o-m wrote:
Oil wealth
Recent oil exploration has revealed that the North Cuba Basin
has approximately 4.6 billion to 9.3 billion barrels of oil in it,
which Cuba has now started to test-drill (as of 2006).

Isn't Cuba also hiding Osama? Let's invade!

Nahh, if he's in Cuba leave him there--depending for his life on the
good will of Godless pork-eating Communists who wouldn't blink an eye
at blowing his brains out if he tried to stir up trouble for them has
to be worse than any punishment that the law could impose. I suspect
that if he really was stuck there that he's already have jumped the
fence to escape into Gitmo.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old February 19th, 2008, 02:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

"Mike......." wrote:
Haven't you Yankee dopes noticed he is standing for president
right under your noses? So is it pull out of Iraq and leave a
power vacuum for the mad towel heads and finally invade Cuba
successfully?

Don't we need to stay in Iraq, so Al Quida doesn't come here?
Actually, bin Laden is hiding in my MIL's attic. Someone,
please call the Pentagon. I need close air support.

Old February 19th, 2008, 02:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike.......[_2_]

Following up to "Rog'" wrote:

Don't we need to stay in Iraq, so Al Quida doesn't come here?

possibly, I find it hard to follow Bush's logic. My impression is the
worst thing to do was invade Iraq, the second worse will be to walk
away.

Actually, bin Laden is hiding in my MIL's attic. Someone,
please call the Pentagon. I need close air support.

the people two streets away had better watch out!
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old February 19th, 2008, 02:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike.......[_2_]

Following up to "J. Clarke" wrote:

Isn't Cuba also hiding Osama? Let's invade!

Nahh, if he's in Cuba leave him there--

I saw him in Spain, really looked like him. I felt really sorry for
the bloke (assuming it wasn't him).
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old February 19th, 2008, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Smith

Rog' wrote:

"Erick T. Barkhuis" -o-m wrote:
Oil wealth
Recent oil exploration has revealed that the North Cuba Basin
has approximately 4.6 billion to 9.3 billion barrels of oil in it,
which Cuba has now started to test-drill (as of 2006).

Isn't Cuba also hiding Osama? Let's invade!

Don't know about that, but I hear that it is housing prisoners for years
at a time without any charges laid and subjecting them to military
tribunals for crimes alleged to have been committed in another country.

Old February 19th, 2008, 03:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada

Following up to Dave Smith wrote:

but I hear that it is housing prisoners for years
at a time without any charges laid and subjecting them to military
tribunals for crimes alleged to have been committed in another country.

Nah, the land of the free wouldn't do that!
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email