Fidel Castro announces retirement

Old February 19th, 2008, 09:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Fidel Castro announces retirement

Mike....... wrote:

Following up to "J. Clarke" wrote:

Cuba, the nation, has been said to do that

from time to time you know.

Yes, its amazing how the US has made a world hero of Castro, the
dictator!

Well, in case everyone has forgotten, it was the U.S. that
supported him against Batista!
Old February 19th, 2008, 09:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Harry wrote:

We haven't invaded Venezuela yet. What is Chavez gonna do now that his
buddy is retired or dead?

What if he (Chavez) decides to invade Colombia or Nicaragua invade San
Andres or Colombia invade the Nicaraguan Caribbean?

I hope they B.Y.O.B.

Certainly American troops are already spread so thin they
haven't the manpower to invade anyone else! (And, since
many of our troops in Iraq are National Guardsmen, we
haven't much in the way of troops for "emergency response"
here at home, either.)

"Erick T. Barkhuis" -o-m wrote in message
t...

Forest Gimp:

Fidel Castro announces retirement

You didn't expect him to feature at the next disco party, claiming his
next 20 years in administration, did you?

US President George W Bush said ......

"And we're going to help. The United States will help the people of
Cuba realise the blessings of liberty."

.......does Cuba have any oil ??

From Wikipedia:

__________________________
Nickel industry
Cuba has had until recently one of the America's most productive and long
standing nickel mines.

Oil wealth
Recent oil exploration has revealed that the North Cuba Basin has
approximately 4.6 billion to 9.3 billion barrels of oil in it, which Cuba
has now started to test-drill (as of 2006).
___________________________

--
Erick

Old February 19th, 2008, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Runge11

Default michaelnewport and his friends...the kind that send abuses when OT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7252109.stm

Old February 19th, 2008, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Runge11

Default vogt gamble crosspost OT crap

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" a écrit dans le
message de ...

Forest Gimp wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7252109.stm

Fidel Castro announces retirement

US President George W Bush said ......

"And we're going to help. The United States will help the people of
Cuba realise the blessings of liberty."

Better he should restore "the blessings of liberty" to the people of the
U.S.A. first! (Judging by his track record so far, the Cuban people are
likely to regard his remarks more as a THREAT than a promise of help.)

Old February 19th, 2008, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Smith

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Actually being on "foreign soil" has more to do with keeping the press
and the ambulance chasers away than with denying their supposed civil
rights. The Supreme Court has addressed this and established the
rules to be followed for non-citizens suspected of terrorism.

It does? I was not aware that human rights applied only to citizens. They
apply to all people, not just citizens. The Supreme Court ruled that it
had no jurisdiction over the prisoners at Gitmo because it is not American
soil. Curiously, US law if being used to prosecute the prisononers. You
can't help but wonder how it is that they can capture people in
Afghanistan and take them to Cuba to be tried under US law when the SC has
ruled that it has no jurisdiction on other than US soil.

Old February 19th, 2008, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
PhredBear[_2_]

"Harry" wrote in message

What would lifting the embargo do to the Florida economy? Sugar cane,
tourism, etc.etc....

Do tell soon. I'm all agog with disinterest.

Old February 19th, 2008, 10:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Smith

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Yes, its amazing how the US has made a world hero of Castro, the
dictator!

Well, in case everyone has forgotten, it was the U.S. that
supported him against Batista!

How so? By withdrawing military support for the Batitista regime in
1958, after the struggle had been going on for 5 years? The US had been
a major supporter of Batista.

Old February 20th, 2008, 07:42 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike.......[_2_]

Following up to "J. Clarke" wrote:

Yes, its amazing how the US has made a world hero of Castro, the
dictator!

Huh? I'm sorry, you've lost me. Are you by any chance laboring
under the misconception that the United States Naval Station on the
island of Cuba is administered by the Cuban government?

yoiu have lost me too! Does this naval station make Castro look like
the plucky under dog?
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old February 20th, 2008, 07:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike.......[_2_]

Following up to "J. Clarke" wrote:

Actually being on "foreign soil" has more to do with keeping the press
and the ambulance chasers away than with denying their supposed civil
rights.

splutter, is that a bay of pigs flying by?
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old February 20th, 2008, 07:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.usa-canada

Following up to "Harry" wrote:

.......does Cuba have any oil ??

Notice how the State Department said they're not lifting the embargo anytime
soon.

but theres an election coming up in your country according to the
news....
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email