Driving in UK with Indian License

Old December 10th, 2003, 10:50 AM
MANISH

Default Driving in UK with Indian License

Hi,

I have been told that my indian driving license is valid to drive car
here in UK for 12 months. I want to know that the 12 month period
starts from the recent entry in UK. I was in UK previously also but
didn't drive. Now I cam back after a while in Nov 2003. Does that
means I can drive till Nov 2004 ?

TIA,
MANISH.
Old December 10th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Traveller

"MANISH" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have been told that my indian driving license is valid to drive car
here in UK for 12 months. I want to know that the 12 month period
starts from the recent entry in UK. I was in UK previously also but
didn't drive. Now I cam back after a while in Nov 2003. Does that
means I can drive till Nov 2004 ?

See http://www.dvla.gov.uk/drivers/drvin...er%20countries
:

"Provided your full licence remains valid, you can drive any category of
small vehicle shown on your licence for up to 12 months from the time you
became resident. To ensure continuous driving entitlement a provisional GB
licence must have been obtained and a driving test(s) passed before the 12
month period elapses. If you obtain a provisional licence during this
period, you are not subject to provisional licence conditions e.g.
displaying `L' plates or being supervised by a qualified driver or being
precluded from motorways."

So, it will be 12 months from the date you were granted ILR or first became
a permanent resident.

Old December 11th, 2003, 09:50 AM
MANISH

"Traveller" wrote in message ...
"MANISH" wrote in message
[...]

What will be the date of my permanent residency.Is it the date when I
first entered in UK OR the recent entry date.

Cheers,
Old December 11th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Wolfgang Barth

MANISH wrote:

What will be the date of my permanent residency.Is it the date when I
first entered in UK OR the recent entry date.

Dont you need visa or a work permit or something like that?
This should state your official start of permanent residency.

Wolfgang