Cruise passengers arrested on ship in Bermuda for grass and a taser

Old May 27th, 2010, 02:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff Gersten

Default Cruise passengers arrested on ship in Bermuda for grass and a taser

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3885

Old May 27th, 2010, 03:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

On May 27, 6:16*am, (Jeff Gersten) wrote:
http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3885

Huh? - I did the conversion and that's just under a quarter
ounce. ...and the authorities value it at $3,625?
(That equates to $14,500 an ounce! - which is about 20 times the going
rate in SF)

I guess a bust that netted a personal stash worth $150 just isn't as
impressive a haul to publicize.

Mark
Old June 4th, 2010, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake "Mark (SF)" :

On May 27, 6:16*am, (Jeff Gersten) wrote:
http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3885

Huh? - I did the conversion and that's just under a quarter
ounce. ...and the authorities value it at $3,625?
(That equates to $14,500 an ounce! - which is about 20 times the going
rate in SF)

Roughly 30 grams in an ounce, which produces about 30 joints, or so
I'm told. 6.68 grams would produce about 7 doobies. Or so I figure.
When I was in high school and college, a lid went for about $10-$12
and a pound was around $100. From what I read at the time.

$725 a OZ? Holy moly, good thing I never got into grass!

I guess a bust that netted a personal stash worth $150 just isn't as
impressive a haul to publicize.

At one point (the lead update), it says 8 grams. The main article
says 6.68. I guess the cops had to "test" some. :-)

Mark

--

- dillon I am not invalid

Warick: "Who brings a gun to a knife fight?"
Gil: "The winner?"
Old June 4th, 2010, 03:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake (Jeff Gersten):

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3885

About two weeks ago we were walking Toby and Ruby when we went by the
pool parking lot. There was a car with two guys in it. Another car
pulled up with four girls dressed for some serious clubbing. One got
out and walked to the other car. We were no more than 15-20 feet away
when the driver said "yeah, a hundred will get you that". The girl
walked back to her car and leaned in.

We got to our house (maybe 300 feet from the parking lot) and Carol
said that we should call 911. Suddenly a cop came blazing in with
lights on and pulled up blocking the two cars.

The end result appeard to be what APD calls "catch & release". If they
catch you buying or with a small amount they get your info and let you
go. One time. Minors get to call their folks, which we saw all of the
girls and one of the guys do. The male driver got nickel plated steel
bracelets, though. Newspaper said he had 40 grams of X.