PRAGUE CARD - City card for Czech Capital

Old April 8th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Hermann

Default PRAGUE CARD - City card for Czech Capital

I fount some information about Prague Card - Citycard for Czech Capital on
www.praguecard.info

I will drive next month to prague, can somebody tell me, if I shall buy such
Card or not?

Thanks

Best regards Hermann

Old April 8th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Javaman

"Hermann" wrote in message
I fount some information about Prague Card - Citycard for Czech Capital on
www.praguecard.info

I will drive next month to prague, can somebody tell me, if I shall buy

such
Card or not?

Thanks

Best regards Hermann

We bought the Prague Card and found that it wasn't as good a value as it
could have been.
There were many places that were closed or too far out of the center to be
of interest, and
there were a couple of places that were advertised in the book, but refused
to honor the
pass. On the plus side, there were a few places that we would not have
thought to go to and
we thoroughly enjoyed.

It comes with a book, a museum pass/discount card, and a transit pass. Ask
to see the book
before you buy it and see if it covers what you are interested in. It would
have been more
effective for us to have bought a transit pass separately.

(FWIW, we found the same to be true in Berlin, but found that the "welcome
card" packages
in Hamburg and Amsterdam well worth the money.)

Have fun, and don't miss Prague Castle, and the Mucha Museum!

Old April 8th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Terryo

"Javaman" wrote in message ...
.. We bought the Prague Card and found that it wasn't as good a value
as it
could have been.

I agree. I came out ahead without the card.

It would have been more
effective for us to have bought a transit pass separately.

I don't know why you would need a transit pass in Prague. It's a
walking town. I'm 63 years old, and the only time I used public
transit was to go up to the castle. I could have even walked there,
but it was a hot day....
Old April 9th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Javaman

"Terryo" wrote in message
om...
I don't know why you would need a transit pass in Prague. It's a
walking town. I'm 63 years old, and the only time I used public
transit was to go up to the castle. I could have even walked there,
but it was a hot day....

Good point, we really didn't use it too much, only at the end of the day
when we were tired.
We really could have done without it.

Old April 11th, 2004, 03:25 AM
nick

Its not a walking town at night when its -20c! You wont see the whole city
unless you use the tram AND metro.

Old April 12th, 2004, 04:49 PM
tim

"Terryo" wrote in message
om...
"Javaman" wrote in message

. We bought the Prague Card and found that it wasn't as good a value
as it
could have been.

I agree. I came out ahead without the card.

It would have been more
effective for us to have bought a transit pass separately.

I don't know why you would need a transit pass in Prague. It's a
walking town.

Not if you're staying in private accomodation at the far end of
some suburban bus line it isn't.

tim

Old April 13th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Pete

I don't know why you would need a transit pass in Prague. It's a
walking town. I'm 63 years old, and the only time I used public
transit was to go up to the castle. I could have even walked there,
but it was a hot day....

That depends entirely upon the location of your hotel. If you stay at
the Ibis outside the city center, as I did, then a transit pass will save a
LOT of walking.

Pete

Old April 14th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Tanja

"Javaman" wrote in message ...
"Hermann" wrote in message
[...]

I think there exists two different Prague Cards.

One is also called "Prague Card - Mathilda Card" this is the museum
pass/discount card. Here you can only loose your money. It costs
nearly 30 EUR, but this free entries are valid only for 3 days. How
many museum you can visit in this short time? In my opinion it is
cheaper, to pay entry and by the transport ticket somewhere else.

This other "Prague Card" (origiginal Prague Card and Prague Passport
www.praguecard.info) is more interesting. All discounts and free
Attractions are valid one year. Also you have many different
attractions like free entries, free tour on historical tramway, free
shipping tour, presents like some posters or a informative citymap of
Prague included all Undergrounds, tramways and busses. But in my
opinion best of this Citycard is the included insurance an a hotline
number, where praguecard tourists can call when they have some
problems. With this card you can really save money.

Come and enjoy the "Golden Town" Prague
Tanja

Von:Lorenz Pfeiffer )
Betrifft: Prag Citycard

View this article only
Newsgroups:de.rec.reisen.misc
Datum:2004-03-04 10:53:46 PST

Scheint mir gewaltig überteuert. (30 Euro). Die darin enthaltene
Freifahrtkarte für 3 Tage gibt es einzelnen für 200 Kronen (knapp 7
Euro)
Die restlichen Ermäßigungen wiegen m.E. den Differenzbetrag nicht auf.
Gruß Lorenz

Sehr geehrter Herr Lorenz,
es tut mir ausserordentlich leid, dass Sie mit der illegalen Prague
Card schlechte Erfahrungen gemacht haben. Die Card die Sie gekauft
haben heisst MATILDA Card und verwendet rechtswidrig den Namen "Prague
Card".
Die original PRAGUE CARD von der Fa. DIANA s.r.o. und REKLAMA CZ ist
registriert und geschützt und steht unter der Schirmherrschaft des
Prager Magistrates und hat mit der Matilda Card von der Nachfolgefirma
Firma Prague Card s.r.o. ( vormals von der in Konkurs gegangenen
Prague Card AG) absolut nichts zu tun.
Leider hat die original PRAGUE CARD durch die Verwechslung der beiden
Karten sehr grossen Imageverlust und Schaden und es ist mir auch nicht
mehr möglich auf Ihre berechtigte Kritik hin direkt nach Ihrem Artikel
im Internet Stellung zu nehmen und auch Ihre E-Mailadresse
funktioniert nicht.
Sollten Sie aber an der orig. Prague Card Interesse haben dann finden
Sie die seriösen Informationen unter
www.praguecard.cz
www.praguecard.info
www.touristcard.cz

Mit freundlichen Gruessen - Wolfgang Stempfer
DIANA s.r.o. / REKLAMA CZ s.r.o.

Dear Mr. Lorenz,
I am very sad about that you have got very bad experience with a
unlawful and illegal Prague Card "MATILDA CARD". This card makes use
of the name PRAGUE CARD illegal and is actually distributed by the new
firm Prague Card s.r.o. and before from the bankrupt firm Prague Card
a.s.
The original PRAGUE CARD from DIANA s.r.o. and REKLAMA CZ s.r.o. is
registered and saved by the product and trade mark and is standing
under protection of the Prague town council and have !!!NOTHING
TOGETHER with the Matilda Card and its firm Prague Card s.r.o.!!!!
Unfortunately has the original PRAGUE CARD with this confusion big
damage and loss.
The serios information about the original Prague Card you find under

www.praguecard.cz
www.praguecard.info
www.touristcard.cz

With the best regards - Wolfgang Stempfer
DIANA s.r.o. / REKLAMA CZ s.r.o.