SHOCK! It's beginning. As ranks of Insured suddenly expand underObamaKare US faces chronic doctor shortage

Old April 13th, 2010, 10:32 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
O'Donovan, PJ, Himself

Default SHOCK! It's beginning. As ranks of Insured suddenly expand underObamaKare US faces chronic doctor shortage

SHOCK! It's beginning. As ranks of Insured suddenly expand under
ObamaKare US faces chronic doctor shortage

APRIL 12, 2010
Medical Schools Can't Keep Up
As Ranks of Insured Expand, Nation Faces Shortage of 150,000 Doctors
in 15 Years

http://preview.tinyurl.com/103b4zEvleths
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:43 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Uncle Dave

On Apr 13, 10:32*pm, "O'Donovan, PJ, Himself"
wrote:
SHOCK! It's beginning. As ranks of Insured suddenly expand under
ObamaKare US faces chronic doctor shortage

APRIL 12, 2010
Medical Schools Can't Keep Up
As Ranks of Insured Expand, Nation Faces Shortage of 150,000 Doctors
in 15 Years

http://preview.tinyurl.com/103b4zEvleths

Shock! Pretty much solved - http://preview.tinyurl.com/TheProblemSheIsSolved.
5,000 a year over 15 years means a shortfall of, er, um, hold on,
75,000. They'll just up the number again in a few years. No shortage
of Indian graduates eager to emigrate to the States as you're
doubtless aware.

UD
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:09 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
William Black

Uncle Dave wrote:

No shortage
of Indian graduates eager to emigrate to the States as you're
doubtless aware.

Especially as the British health service just stopped taking Indian
doctors after 20 years of ramping up our training system for doctors.

It took us about 60 years to get enough medical schools to train enough
doctors to treat our own population after we got rid of a medical system
that was completely private.

The major problem was a medical establishment that wasn't interested in
training large numbers of doctors...

About 40% of our doctors are currently of of Indian origin.

We're still recruiting nurses from abroad though.

--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The answer given by Englishman Richard Peeke when asked by the Duke of
Medina Sidonia how many Spanish sword and buckler men he could beat
single handed with a quarterstaff.