Hotel Pennsylvania, New York City - Anyone Stayed there ?

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Anonymous

Default Hotel Pennsylvania, New York City - Anyone Stayed there ?

I posted a few weeks ago asking for advice on "reasonable" hotels in
New
York City. Thanks to those who replied. I stumbled across the
Pennsylvania
Hotel (www.hotelpenn.com) on 7th Ave at 33rd street. It seems pretty
reasonable. $109 per night for a double bed, 2 people. The other
bonus, is
that my wife and I are taking the Amtrak from Vermont to New York
City, and
the Hotel Pennsylvania is right across the street from Penn Station.

Before I book, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this
hotel,
positive or negative.

Thanks all !

Shawn
--multiplaza.nl.nu--
Old July 31st, 2004, 05:53 AM
Pan

On 30 Jul 2004 05:16:00 GMT, .no-spam.invalid (Anonymous) wrote:

I posted a few weeks ago asking for advice on "reasonable" hotels in
New
York City. Thanks to those who replied. I stumbled across the
Pennsylvania
Hotel (www.hotelpenn.com) on 7th Ave at 33rd street. It seems pretty
reasonable.

[snip]

Check Google.com for previous posts on that hotel here, but I'll
summarize by saying that it's been consistently panned here.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.

Old July 31st, 2004, 05:55 AM
Pan

On 30 Jul 2004 22:45:36 GMT, bitbucket wrote:

[snip]
we were out late partying, and
never felt unsafe walking in the immediate blocks surrounding the hotel at
4:30 in the am.

[snip]

If you felt safe around Penn Station at 4:30 A.M., you'd probably feel
safer in almost any other part of Manhattan around that time. The
immediate area around Penn Station (not counting Little Korea on 32
St.) is spooky in the wee hours.

Old July 31st, 2004, 07:17 AM
Mark Brader

--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Truth speak from any chair."
-- Charlie Chan at the Wax Museum