Hotel suggestions at Waikiki in Honolulu?

Old October 4th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Jack

Default Hotel suggestions at Waikiki in Honolulu?

Planning to go first time to Hawaii (from Canada)
Anybody has suggestions for good hotels at Waikiki beach?
Nice and clean are more important than cheap. I also need non-smoking room
quaranteed.
Thanks

Old October 4th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Harry Everhart

I Planning to go first time to Hawaii (from Canada)
Anybody has suggestions for good hotels at Waikiki beach?
Nice and clean are more important than cheap. I also need non-smoking room
quaranteed.
Thanks

www.harry.everhart.com
My wife and I spend a month in Waikiki every summer. We stay in a condo
called the Waikiki Banyon. It is big - it is a block from the beach - it
is great for family or single.
Old October 4th, 2003, 07:53 PM
alohacyberian

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
I Planning to go first time to Hawaii (from Canada)
Anybody has suggestions for good hotels at Waikiki beach?
Nice and clean are more important than cheap. I also need non-smoking

room
quaranteed.
Thanks

www.harry.everhart.com
My wife and I spend a month in Waikiki every summer. We stay in a condo
called the Waikiki Banyon. It is big - it is a block from the beach - it
is great for family or single.

Another Apartment along those lines that has one-bedroom apartments that are
large is Waikiki Whaler, a block and a half from the beach is Waikiki Whaler
at (808) 923-1941 on Kaiulani Avenue. There are many others to be found on
Oahu that cater to visitors at:
http://www.apartments.net/asp/search...1&State=Hawaii - and you
are also invited to visit my Oahu webpage for further tourist information at:
http://keith.martin.home.att.net/vOahu.html - where you may also find
information for bed and breakfast locations and view live webcameras of
Waikiki and other locations on Oahu and the outer islands. Bon voyage! KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old October 4th, 2003, 07:53 PM
alohacyberian

"Jack" wrote in message
Planning to go first time to Hawaii (from Canada)
Anybody has suggestions for good hotels at Waikiki beach?
Nice and clean are more important than cheap. I also need non-smoking room
quaranteed.
Thanks

My favorite hotels in Waikiki are the Hyatt Regency right across the street
from Waikiki Beach and the Hilton Hawaiian Village right on the beach at the
end of Waikiki and the beginning of Discovery Bay. You are invited to visit
my Oahu webpage at: http://keith.martin.home.att.net/vOahu.html - where you
may take virtual field trips of Oahu and listen to radio stations
broadcasting live over the airwaves and through the Internet. You'll also
find complete information for the visitor about places to eat, sights to see
and points of interest for the traveler, but, you won't find any advertising,
pop-ups, cookies or anything for sale. KM

Old October 4th, 2003, 09:36 PM
mimi

"Jack" wrote in message
Planning to go first time to Hawaii (from Canada)
Anybody has suggestions for good hotels at Waikiki beach?

I suggest skipping Waikiki and going to one of the other islands or at least
non-Honolulu Oahu. You miss the unique Hawaiian lifestyle, the closeness to
nature, if you're in a skyscraper hotel by Waikiki.

Marianne

Old October 4th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Harry Everhart

I suggest skipping Waikiki and going to one of the other islands or at least
non-Honolulu Oahu. You miss the unique Hawaiian lifestyle, the closeness to
nature, if you're in a skyscraper hotel by Waikiki.

You can drive to that - unique Hawaiian lifestyle.
Old October 4th, 2003, 11:12 PM
Jim Happ

I found that the prices were lower as you went further back from the
beachfront. The distance doesn't matter that much, since it only took me 5
minutes at dawn each morning to walk down to the beach, don my flippers and
go for a surf in warm water. Luxury!!

Jim

Old October 5th, 2003, 08:17 AM
alohacyberian

"Jim Happ" wrote in message
u...
I found that the prices were lower as you went further back from the
beachfront. The distance doesn't matter that much, since it only took me 5
minutes at dawn each morning to walk down to the beach, don my flippers and
go for a surf in warm water. Luxury!!

Actually the water in Hawaii isn't warm like it is in Florida or the
Caribbean nor is it cold like it is in California. KM

Old October 6th, 2003, 08:38 PM
brenda

"Jack" wrote in message news:SrBfb.14365$6C4.1388@pd7tw1no...
Planning to go first time to Hawaii (from Canada)
Anybody has suggestions for good hotels at Waikiki beach?
Nice and clean are more important than cheap. I also need non-smoking room
quaranteed.
Thanks

I second the Hyatt Regency rec - clean nice rooms & be sure & get a
Diamond Head view - so worth it! I don't like staying back from the
beach as you lose the view & things get a little grotty...