A site for learning to speak a different foreign words

Old August 25th, 2005, 06:16 AM

Default A site for learning to speak a different foreign words

There is a free and useful website ( http://www.infoext.com/lang/ )
lanuched recently for people who would like to learn to speak the very
basics of different languages. Enough for you to start a basic
conversion with a local or to impress your foreign friends. Visit it
before travelling would make you welcome in most foreign lands.

They have languages availble in
French Japanese Italian German Portuguese Hindi

right now, but Chinese and Korean will be added soon.

Old August 25th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Jens Arne Maennig

There is a free and useful website (
http://www.infoext.com/lang/ )
lanuched recently for people who would like to learn to speak the very
basics of different languages. Enough for you to start a basic
conversion with a local or to impress your foreign friends. Visit it
before travelling would make you welcome in most foreign lands.

The locals will have fun:

English German
Good Morning Gutes Monring!
Lady (polite) Gracious Frau
Excuse me! [...] (Obviously doesn't exist in German :-)
I am sorry. ich bin traurig.
Very well, thanks. Sehr gut Dank.
No, I am English Nein, Ich bin englisch.

Half of the phrases is missing anyway.

Please do some homework before spamming again.

Jens
Old August 25th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Ingeborg Denner

"Jens Arne Maennig" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

There is a free and useful website (
http://www.infoext.com/lang/ )

The locals will have fun:

vbg Could it be a prank? You know, "My hovercraft is
full of eels?"

inge

Old August 25th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Jens Arne Maennig

Ingeborg Denner wrote:

vbg Could it be a prank? You know, "My hovercraft is
full of eels?"

:-)

I'd also like to recommend Tucholsky's "Deutsch für Amerikaner" (see
) once again.

Jens
Old August 25th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Mike M

Pretty hard to beat TravLang (http://travlang.com/languages/) as a good
place to learn the basics of many languages.

Old August 25th, 2005, 02:50 PM

Ingeborg Denner wrote:
"Jens Arne Maennig" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

There is a free and useful website (
http://www.infoext.com/lang/ )

The locals will have fun:

vbg Could it be a prank? You know, "My hovercraft is
full of eels?"

inge

you got that problem too !

Old August 26th, 2005, 12:48 AM
dgs

There is a free and useful website (
http://www.infoext.com/lang/ )
[...]

Your site blows goats. HTH. HAND.
--
dgs

Old August 26th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Citizen Ted

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:25:35 +0200, "Ingeborg Denner"
wrote:

"Jens Arne Maennig" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

There is a free and useful website (
http://www.infoext.com/lang/ )

The locals will have fun:

vbg Could it be a prank? You know, "My hovercraft is
full of eels?"

Don't be ridiculous! It works perfectly! I checked on German to
English, and "Wo findet man ein preiswetes Hotel?" translates
perfectly to "You have lovely thighs. Like to come to my place, make
bouncy-bouncy?"

- TR
- a Monty Python lexicographer.

Old August 26th, 2005, 07:37 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:42:37 +0200, Martin wrote:

wrote:

"Jens Arne Maennig" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

There is a free and useful website (
http://www.infoext.com/lang/ )

The locals will have fun:

vbg Could it be a prank? You know, "My hovercraft is
full of eels?"

Don't be ridiculous! It works perfectly! I checked on German to
English, and "Wo findet man ein preiswetes Hotel?" translates
perfectly to "You have lovely thighs. Like to come to my place, make
bouncy-bouncy?"

- TR
- a Monty Python lexicographer.

I liked the way the difference between Good Moaning and Good Afternoon
was three octaves.

And the Italian is spoken unrecognisably slowly.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com