Princess - Personal Choice Dining Options

Old December 17th, 2006, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Reef Fish[_4_]

Default Princess - Personal Choice Dining Options (vikings)

Caribbean Girl wrote:
We were on the same sailing as you and the maitre d promissed us same
time/table/waitstaff at the michaelangelo and the restaurant did not honor
it.

Natalie

May be the maitre d thought your 25 cent tip wasn't quite enough. :-)

This thread is getting to be quite funny.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old December 17th, 2006, 07:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Von Fourche

"Caribbean Girl" wrote in message
We were on the same sailing as you and the maitre d promissed us same
time/table/waitstaff at the michaelangelo and the restaurant did not honor
it.

On my two cruises (on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas and
Enchantment of the Seas) my group has always had an assigned table with the
same waiter/water boy. When we called to make reservations with Cruises
Only for Mariner and directly with Royal Caribbean for Enchantment we all
made sure we were all assigned the same table and time. On both ships they
offered early dinner and late dinner. On both cruises my group always chose
early.

They don't do that on Princess?

Old December 17th, 2006, 05:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Reef Fish[_4_]

Von Fourche wrote:
"Caribbean Girl" wrote in message
We were on the same sailing as you and the maitre d promissed us same
time/table/waitstaff at the michaelangelo and the restaurant did not honor
it.

On my two cruises (on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas and
Enchantment of the Seas) my group has always had an assigned table with the
same waiter/water boy. When we called to make reservations with Cruises
Only for Mariner and directly with Royal Caribbean for Enchantment we all
made sure we were all assigned the same table and time. On both ships they
offered early dinner and late dinner. On both cruises my group always chose
early.

They don't do that on Princess?

First you are comparing two different FLEETS, and then you don't
realize that there are at least 17 different ships in the Princess
Fleet
(I've been on 13 of them) which makes your question very silly, even
if someone try to reply.

Those who did only gave their anecdotal on the ONE (or two) ships
they've been on (just like you), and unless there is a Fleet POLICY
(of course there is NONE) about the seating question, it all depends
on lots of travel/maitre d/tipping factors as well as how UGLY you
look :-) Slipping a $100 bill into the palm of the D will get you a
very good start even if you are an ugly, scroungy, looking guy.

In the travel/entertainment business, it has been said something to
the effect that money talks (while BS walks).

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old December 17th, 2006, 07:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Crabman

Reef Fish wrote:

In the travel/entertainment business, it has been said something to
the effect that money talks (while BS walks).

-- Reef Fish Bob.

I've found this is true in every business I've ever dealt with. I
learned to always over tip for good service, and tip some ahead of time
to insure it.
Clay

Old December 17th, 2006, 07:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Von Fourche

"Reef Fish" wrote in message
ps.com...

Von Fourche wrote:
[...]

I think you're saying Princess doesn't not have early and late dinning
and assigned seats every day like Royal Caribbean.

Old December 17th, 2006, 08:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Von Fourche wrote:

I think you're saying Princess doesn't not have early and late dinning
and assigned seats every day like Royal Caribbean.

Princess gives you a choice of Traditional Dining or Personal Choice
Dining. With traditional you get either early or late and you have the
same wait staff and table every night.

sue
Old December 18th, 2006, 08:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Reef Fish[_4_]

JP wrote:
"clint" wrote in message

The cow and I meet so many people whwn we dine. No one returns and we meet
new people.Not sure why that happens?

Dick G might be able to expand on why people never return to your table. He
suffers from the same problem.

JP

Good one, JP!