New travel rules

Old May 6th, 2009, 05:00 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.latin-america,soc.retirement
Wayne Lundberg

Default New travel rules

Make sure your airline ticket has the exact name as it shows up on your
passport and/or drivers lic. Or you will be denied flight until fixed. This
new regulation starts mid May. Pay close attention to middle name.

Old May 6th, 2009, 05:08 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.latin-america,soc.retirement
Robert of St Louis

On May 6, 11:00*am, "Wayne Lundberg"
wrote:
Make sure your airline ticket has the exact name as it shows up on your
passport and/or drivers lic. Or you will be denied flight until fixed. This
new regulation starts mid May. Pay close attention to middle name.

"I don't need no stinkn' badges!" OK only kidding! thanks for the
advise, especially since some of the clerks/agents are dumb as a box
of rocks and have no common sense.
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:40 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.latin-america,soc.retirement
eclipsme

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
Make sure your airline ticket has the exact name as it shows up on your
passport and/or drivers lic. Or you will be denied flight until fixed. This
new regulation starts mid May. Pay close attention to middle name.

Do you have a cite for this?

Thanks,
Harvey
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:22 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.latin-america,soc.retirement
Bert Hyman

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/secureflight/

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:42 AM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.latin-america,soc.retirement
Alohacyberian

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
In eclipsme
wrote:

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
Make sure your airline ticket has the exact name as it shows up on
your passport and/or drivers lic. Or you will be denied flight until
fixed. This new regulation starts mid May. Pay close attention to
middle name.

Do you have a cite for this?

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/secureflight/

That information is not on the website you cited. Anyone who goes to that
webpage, clicks on "Edit", selects "Find on this Page" and types in "Name"
will discover that that word only appears once on the webpage you've cited
and isn't germane to this topic. You appear to be following Commandment #52
of "The Official Elitist Leftwing Liberal Handbook" (Certified Politically
Correct). KM

Commandment "#52: When asked to "cite" or give citations, sources or
support for your propaganda, you can do one of 4 things: Use secondary
sources which supposedly give "expert" Elitist Leftwing Liberal opinion on
the primary sources when they're not ignoring them, taking phrases out of
context, twisting their words or perverting their meaning; make an
official-looking, bogus website (provided you know someone who knows how to
make one and is also literate enough to write without a spell check) with
the fake "facts" you've presented; refer them to a propaganda site that may
or may not support your claims or the fourth and preferred solution is to
give them the URL of an official or universally accepted website and claim
vehemently that the so-called information you've invented, created or faked
is from that website though anyone who looks won't find it there."
~ http://alohahawaii.home.att.net/leftwing.html
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website view over 3,600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI, and

Old May 7th, 2009, 11:42 AM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.latin-america,soc.retirement
Alohacyberian

"Alan S" wrote in message
On 06 May 2009 17:22:38 GMT, Bert Hyman
wrote:
In eclipsme
wrote:
Wayne Lundberg wrote:
Make sure your airline ticket has the exact name as it shows up on
your passport and/or drivers lic. Or you will be denied flight until
fixed. This new regulation starts mid May. Pay close attention to
middle name.

Do you have a cite for this?

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/secureflight/

I browsed through but couldn't see an answer for this.

"Exact" is a very exact word.

My Passport lists my full first, middle and last names, for
example:

Joseph Edward Bloggs

My Driver's Licence has my full first and surnames but only
my middle initial.

Joseph E Bloggs

My credit cards have full first and surnames and no middle
initial.

Joeseph Bloggs

Most of my past airline tickets showed my full first and
surnames but only my middle initial, as in the credit cards.
Some past booking agencies required that the credit card
details match the name of the passenger.

Would this be a problem?

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--

Well, don't think so. I'm in the same boat. Since I have a very common
last name, my passport, state identification card and driver's license have

Old May 7th, 2009, 01:51 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.latin-america,soc.retirement
Bert Hyman

In news "Alohacyberian" wrote:

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
In eclipsme
wrote:

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
Make sure your airline ticket has the exact name as it shows up on
your passport and/or drivers lic. Or you will be denied flight
until fixed. This new regulation starts mid May. Pay close
attention to middle name.

Do you have a cite for this?

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/secureflight/

That information is not on the website you cited.

Yes, it is.

Anyone who goes to that webpage, clicks on "Edit",

Edit?

selects "Find on this Page" and types in "Name" will discover that
that word only appears once on the webpage you've cited and isn't
germane to this topic.

It's certainly on the Web site, although not on that page, which is
merely the starting point for what's supposed to be an explanation of
the entire "Secure Flight" program.

You appear to be following Commandment #52 of "The Official Elitist
Leftwing Liberal Handbook" (Certified Politically Correct). KM

You appear to be an ignorant fool who doesn't know how to use a Web
browser.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old May 7th, 2009, 04:30 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.latin-america,soc.retirement
eclipsme

Bert Hyman wrote:
In news "Alohacyberian" wrote:

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
In eclipsme
wrote:

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
Make sure your airline ticket has the exact name as it shows up on
your passport and/or drivers lic. Or you will be denied flight
until fixed. This new regulation starts mid May. Pay close
attention to middle name.

Do you have a cite for this?
http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/secureflight/

That information is not on the website you cited.

Yes, it is.

Anyone who goes to that webpage, clicks on "Edit",

Edit?

selects "Find on this Page" and types in "Name" will discover that
that word only appears once on the webpage you've cited and isn't
germane to this topic.

It's certainly on the Web site, although not on that page, which is
merely the starting point for what's supposed to be an explanation of
the entire "Secure Flight" program.

Perhaps you could supply a link to the actual page that this information
is on, then. I looked, but could not find this either.

Harvey
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:30 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.latin-america,soc.retirement
Bert Hyman

In news wrote:

Perhaps you could supply a link to the actual page that this
information is on, then. I looked, but could not find this either.

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers...#traveler_faqs

"When does the full name requirement go into effect? When MUST my
airline ticket match the name on my ID exactly?"

Even so, they really don't come right out and tell you what you need to
know.

I don't know if they're being intentionally obscure or are just typical
inept bureaucrats.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:11 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.latin-america,soc.retirement
Wayne Lundberg

I heard this on the radio with Chip in San Diego talking by phone to the
director of the agency. The rule goes into effect in mid-May.