In defense of a travel agent

Old December 16th, 2006, 12:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dick G[_1_]

Default In defense of a travel agent

Danni and I booked MGC2007 with Peter Berlin, and, sadly, because of my
health problems, we had to cancel.

I hated to have put Peter through the exercise of dealing with a service
dog, and having to read the idiotic posts of never having cruised John
Payton, the pig who wrote,

"Jean; I hope you checked to make sure Dickie G is not going on this cruise,
as I would hate to see your adventure spoiled by Dickie G and company. If he
should show up, just hope that he is assigned a cabin down near the boiler
room, so you can enjoy the cruise in peace and quiet.

JP"

Thank you, Peter, you are a class act even though Playclown is not.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old December 16th, 2006, 02:56 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Dick G" dickg@invalid wrote in message
. ..
Danni and I booked MGC2007 with Peter Berlin, and, sadly, because of my
health problems, we had to cancel.

Dick,
When are you going to learn to put people who irritate you in your killfile?
It was not necessary for you to post this quote... I would not have seen it
had you not posted it and all it will do is stir up more animosity towards
you.
Kill files keep the trolls and those who have never cruised but are here to
cause trouble, silent...Try it, you'll be much happier.

--Jean

Old December 16th, 2006, 01:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

[...]

Hi Dickie. Yes, I wrote that tidbit to Jean, but you seem to be so
unsociable, that I was afraid, she would have her cruise ruined. Besides,
Heidi might bite her on the ankle and with infection a possibility, there
goes her fun and excitement.
Sorry to read about your health problems and that you had to cancel a
cruise. Maybe things will improve in the future and you can get back "to
sea".
Happy Hahnakeasic. I'm not jewish, so I don't know how to spell the word.

JP

Old December 16th, 2006, 02:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

[...]

I reread your post dickie and I'm a little confused. You called it "in
defense of a travel agent", but Mr. Berlin was not criticized at all. It
dealt totally with what I said to Jean, so you certainly veered off topic
with your post.
Stress can cause this problem, so may I suggest that an RX for some anxiety
meds such as valium might settle you down a little. See your doctor.

JP

Old December 17th, 2006, 04:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Reef Fish[_4_]

JP wrote:
[...]

JP, what do you expect of Dickie Doo? Coherence?

This Scum of the Earth again posted the unauthorized webpage of
Viv on the Cozumel NEDfest, to ridicule my age of "almost 70".

Yet, I have made 6 cruises this year already, and not counting the
numberous land trips such as two weeks to Hong Kong and Shanghai
and other places, and Dickie G is too sick to do even one cruise!

Stress can cause this problem, so may I suggest that an RX for some anxiety
meds such as valium might settle you down a little. See your doctor.

JP

He needs to see a shrink more than to see a doc for his physical
illness. His mental illness and his psychopath and sociopath
STALKING me and FORGING me in his latest Large_Nasty_
Grouper posts is the sign of a VERY SICK Old Man, psychologically.
His physical illness is the least of his problems. Valium is probably
already on his daily regiment of 7 pills in the morning.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old December 17th, 2006, 07:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Von Fourche

"Reef Fish" wrote in message
ups.com...

Yet, I have made 6 cruises this year already, and not counting the
numberous land trips such as two weeks to Hong Kong and Shanghai

O.T. - I have read that the people of Hong Kong are some of the rudest
in the world. True?

Old December 17th, 2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Reef Fish[_4_]

Von Fourche wrote:
"Reef Fish" wrote in message
ups.com...

Yet, I have made 6 cruises this year already, and not counting the
numberous land trips such as two weeks to Hong Kong and Shanghai

O.T. - I have read that the people of Hong Kong are some of the rudest
in the world. True?

Not even among the Top 50. It is not nice to stereotype people
by a CITY, COUNTRY, or LOCATION, even if it were true that
many who live there are rude.

Those of German descent, and names like Von Scheistmeir or
(Fabian) von Schlabrendorff, (Ewald) von Kleist, or
von Kuehnelt-Leddihn are among the rudest in the world.

Hope the above helps.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old December 18th, 2006, 12:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Von Fourche

"Reef Fish" wrote in message
ups.com...

Von Fourche wrote:
"Reef Fish" wrote in message
ups.com...

Yet, I have made 6 cruises this year already, and not counting the
numberous land trips such as two weeks to Hong Kong and Shanghai

O.T. - I have read that the people of Hong Kong are some of the
rudest
in the world. True?

Not even among the Top 50. It is not nice to stereotype people
by a CITY, COUNTRY, or LOCATION, even if it were true that
many who live there are rude.

I read this in a Lonely Planet guide book to Hong Kong. Even if it is
true that many people in a certain city/location are rude I see nothing bad
telling people about. If it's the truth then what is wrong? Of course no
one is saying everybody in that location is rude. But a lot of them are at
least according to the Lonely Planet book.

Old December 18th, 2006, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Reef Fish[_4_]

Von Fourche wrote:
"Reef Fish" wrote in message
ups.com...

Von Fourche wrote:
"Reef Fish" wrote in message
ups.com...

Yet, I have made 6 cruises this year already, and not counting the
numberous land trips such as two weeks to Hong Kong and Shanghai

O.T. - I have read that the people of Hong Kong are some of the
rudest
in the world. True?

Not even among the Top 50. It is not nice to stereotype people
by a CITY, COUNTRY, or LOCATION, even if it were true that
many who live there are rude.

I read this in a Lonely Planet guide book to Hong Kong.

Thanks for you clarification. I thought you were trying to make a
not-too-subtle ad hominem attack.

I am very surprised that a travel guide book would make such an
insensitive and gratuitously ERRONEOUS remark about the prople
of Hong Kong.

Even if it is
true that many people in a certain city/location are rude I see nothing bad
telling people about. If it's the truth then what is wrong?

It would be okay if the writer makes a substantiated OPINION about
it, citing sources of comparison and WHY he made such a statement.

Of course no
one is saying everybody in that location is rude. But a lot of them are at
least according to the Lonely Planet book.

Whether people anywhere is rude or not has much to do with the
person whom they encounter. The same way it is on the internet.
I am VERY RUDE to those who initiate the rudeness. It's called
"quid pro quo".

Based on your description of what is said by the Lonely Planet
book, I am more inclined to believe that the AUTHOR of the book
is very rude to have received his impression that others were rude
to him unprovoked.

-- Reef Fish Bob.