There are very few solo cruisers?

Old February 5th, 2007, 08:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Odysseus

Default There are very few solo cruisers?

In my very unscientific observations, I have noticed that there
are very few solo pleasure travelers even fewer who are high end
travelers.

When I talk about solo pleasure travelers I am not talking about
people who book shares, people who travel with somebody else but
have separate rooms, people who go to a destination as part of a
group, people who travel to some type of a gathering of individuals
with a common interest or hobby, or people who are on a trip that
is in any way business related. The few solo travelers I meet are
usually widowed and continuing a tradition of traveling they had
with their spouse.

What I am trying to say is that in all of my travels, I have never
run into anybody like myself. That is somebody who travels
completely alone, has never been married or in any marriage like
relationship, is straight, and is willing to spend several thousand
dollars on every vacation in order to get luxury. Maybe that makes
me an oddball.

Old February 5th, 2007, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Feb 5, 3:46 pm, Odysseus wrote:
[...]

I travel alone, but I guess I don't fit your criteria because I'm
married and I don't usually spend "several" thousand dollars (a "few"
thou, but not "several"). So, even with your very restrictive
guidelines, I wouldn't necessarily call you an "oddball", but you're
certainly not the typical vacationer.

Lee

Old February 5th, 2007, 09:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

On Feb 5, 3:46 pm, Odysseus wrote:
What I am trying to say is that in all of my travels, I have never
run into anybody like myself. That is somebody who travels
completely alone..snip is straight the rest snipped

So let me translate: You find it difficult to get laid when you
travel. Otherwise, your fellow travellers' sexual orientation
shouldn't matter.

Warren

Old February 6th, 2007, 05:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Von Fourche

"Odysseus" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Sounds like it makes you a guy who likes to screw women and then leave
them. Maybe most women who like to cruise have some moral values and want
to cruise with a husband or with their sisters. They want to enjoy the
cruise, not get some disease from some old gigolo in the presidents suite.

Old February 6th, 2007, 09:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Blackbird71

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:46:45 -0500, Odysseus wrote
(in article ):

In my very unscientific observations, I have noticed that there
are very few solo pleasure travelers even fewer who are high end
travelers.

LOL you have never been on the Seabourn forum at cruise critic. I am a single
traveler and my last three cruises have been on the upper end lines. There is
a number of other singles on the forum. I used to travel with my mother and
sister but now alone.

--
Winter Break on Seabourn Legend - Mar 4 2007
In Search of Lost Hobbits cruise on Celebrity Mercury Dec 12, 2007

Old February 7th, 2007, 03:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Edmund Thomas

Another slant on high-end cruising by singles. I'm one of them and like
having
my own room, and willing to pay the single supplement. However, I prefer
spending time with small groups of people--little ships with 50 or so folks,
and
informal.

Cruising where formal dress, exhorbitant tipping, and dinner "settings" just
doesn't sound like my kind of sea-adventure. I'll take a small ship anytime,
and
suspect that there are other single-travelers who prefer this kind of travel
over traditional "big" ship cruising.

Ed Thomas

Old February 7th, 2007, 06:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Odysseus

In article k.net, says...

"Odysseus" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Wrong! I always wanted to get married. I just have terrible social skills.
I am able to get along professionally. That's why I have the money for high
end travel. I am able to join in conversations with my table mates at dinner.
I have an easy going personality. I'm just not able to make friends.
That's why I usually don't have anybody to travel with.

Maybe most people who do not have the social skills to find a partner also
don't have the social skills to get along with coworkers. They don't have
the money to travel.

I am not a old gigolo. I travel because I like to see the world and
experience other cultures. I cruise because I enjoy the sea and being aboard
a ship. Finding a woman to screw does not enter into my travel decisions nor
is it something I pursue.

This is getting off topic. I don't like to trouble people with my problems.
My original point was that I have never met anybody like myself in my
travels.
anybody like me