venice cost's

Old July 4th, 2007, 08:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan[_1_]

Default venice cost's

"Ken Blake" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 20:24:41 GMT, "Alan"
wrote:

is venice an expensive place to visit

Yes.

-- gondola rides,

Yes.

eating out

Yes.

Etc

That's expensive too. Everything is expensive in Venice. Venice is one
of the world's most famous tourist destinations, and there is almost
nothing in Venice but tourism. So yes, prices are high.

is it a generally clean city

Everyone has different standards of cleanliness, so it's hard to
answer this. I don't find it very different from other Italian cities.

are the people there friendly

I think so. Much like elsewhere in Italy.

are there many interesting coach tours to book on

In Venice? Are you aware that there are no roads for coaches in most
of Venice? Venice transportation is either on foot or by water.

Or did you mean from Venice to other places?

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

i meant areas around venice naturally as it would be difficult within
venice, unfortunately coaches dont float for very long

Old July 4th, 2007, 08:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom Peel

Alan wrote:

venice cost's

Venice is not a banana. Please read http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

Old July 4th, 2007, 09:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 20:24:41 GMT, "Alan"
wrote:

is venice an expensive place to visit -- gondola rides, eating out Etc

Yes.

is it a generally clean city

So-so.

are the people there friendly

Not very.

are there many interesting coach tours to book on

A coach tour wouldn't be very useful, would it, seeing that there are
lots of canals and few roads. In fact there are no cars at all in
central Venice.

I think this is my first customer for the Mestre boat tour.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 08:22:12 +0100, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

"Alan" wrote in message
is venice an expensive place to visit -- gondola rides, eating out Etc

.. Didn't ride a Gondola because it's so
expensive and (in my view) tacky.

There are "traghetti" in Venice, which are gondolas used to get across
the larger canals, mainly the Grand Canal. These are used as
transportation and are very cheap. The ride is only a few minutes, and
you may have to stand up, but it's a lot of fun.
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan[_1_]

"Tom Peel" wrote in message
Alan wrote:

venice cost's

Venice is not a banana. Please read http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

my goodness, we could all learn a lot from you unfortunately i think you
would bore the arse of anyone listening who had not already fallen asleep,
get real and accept that we are all different and as such are capable of
excelling in different things, mine is not punctuation and yours is not
accepting people for what they are

Old July 4th, 2007, 10:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

wrote:

"Alan" wrote in message
is venice an expensive place to visit -- gondola rides, eating out Etc

.. Didn't ride a Gondola because it's so
expensive and (in my view) tacky.

There are "traghetti" in Venice, which are gondolas used to get across
the larger canals, mainly the Grand Canal. These are used as
transportation and are very cheap. The ride is only a few minutes, and
you may have to stand up, but it's a lot of fun.

You can buy day tickets too if you want to use them a lot.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
http://www.davidhorne.net - real address on website
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:18 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:56:40 +0100, (David Horne, _the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

Martin wrote:

[]
Will you tell them the sensible alternative to staying in a Venice Hotel?

Treviso! And the sensible ATM card to use?

LOL
and about wearing sensible shoes when it is high tide.

Bruno Magli?

Old July 4th, 2007, 11:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
TheGolfersWife

wrote:

is venice an expensive place to visit -- gondola rides, eating out Etc

Yes.

is it a generally clean city

So-so.

are the people there friendly

Not very.

are there many interesting coach tours to book on

A coach tour wouldn't be very useful, would it, seeing that there are
lots of canals and few roads. In fact there are no cars at all in
central Venice.

I think this is my first customer for the Mestre boat tour.

We are recently (6 days) back from a month in Italy, where we managed
only one day (this time) in Venice (5 days in 1990 tho!) The weather
was perfect - clear and not too hot. Our main objective was to fisit
the Peggy Guggenheim Museum which was near our original landing spot
and conveniently held our one pull-along luggage item for the duration
of our visit. (It had been closed for restoration in 1990.)

We had arrived in Venice on the ferry from Porec at the Maritime
terminal and discovered that our vaporetto (No.82) also stopped at the
Academia Bridge snd then poceeded via the Lido and the Grand Canal to
the Statione Centrale. Thus we had the most wonderful views of Venice
for about an hour for E6. What could be better than that?

Venice is awesome. We are on the upper side of middle-aged and I never
cease to be thunderstruck by the beauty and uniqueness of Venice.

We had 2 hours before our train left for Bologna after arriving at the
vaporetto station stop, and so we took our smallish pull-along with us
to a very nice canal-side restaurant nearby where we ate a light lunch
accompanied by a most respectable Trentino Pinot Grigio, and where the
cost was probably more than similar places elsewhere. But this is
Venice and we don't get that far away from our home in New Zealand
very often, so it was worth it. And we have good video and photos to
remind us and bore our relatives and friends!

The Golfer's Wife
Old July 4th, 2007, 04:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:32:56 +0200, Martin wrote:

Nice! What's E6?

It's the Autostrada that passes through central Venice.