french news

Old September 25th, 2007, 06:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan[_1_]

Default french news

OOPS TILT !!!!!

Old September 25th, 2007, 10:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:36:55 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:34:27 GMT, "Alan" wrote:

OOPS TILT !!!!!

If you think it's funny for retired Brits in France,

Only if under 65 of course. It's probably not a bad idea(1)- I wonder if
Spain will follow suit...

(1) Maybe a state insurance system that they have to pay annually would
be a better idea?

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
http://www.davidhorne.net - real address on website
Old September 25th, 2007, 10:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:04:19 +0100, (David Horne, _the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

Martin wrote:

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:36:55 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:34:27 GMT, "Alan" wrote:

OOPS TILT !!!!!

If you think it's funny for retired Brits in France,

Only if under 65 of course. It's probably not a bad idea(1)- I wonder if
Spain will follow suit...

(1) Maybe a state insurance system that they have to pay annually would
be a better idea?

Maybe the country where a person has paid his social security contributions
should foot the bill.

Perhaps, but I'm not sure if retirees under 65 _don't_ contribute
something to the local economy though...

I've seen complaints here in the UK about the pressure that immigrants
are putting on the health service. Most of them are young and paying
tax. I suspect the government takes the money and doesn't take care of
the infrastructure. Different case with retirees, I realise- but I'd
have thought the biggest problem in terms of a drain on the health
services was with the _older_ retirees, not the younger ones.

Old September 25th, 2007, 11:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:31:57 +0100, (David Horne, _the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

Martin wrote:

[]
Maybe the country where a person has paid his social security contributions
should foot the bill.

Perhaps, but I'm not sure if retirees under 65 _don't_ contribute
something to the local economy though...

I've seen complaints here in the UK about the pressure that immigrants
are putting on the health service. Most of them are young and paying
tax. I suspect the government takes the money and doesn't take care of
the infrastructure. Different case with retirees, I realise- but I'd
have thought the biggest problem in terms of a drain on the health
services was with the _older_ retirees, not the younger ones.

In most cases the old retirees have paid a life time of social security
contributions. The country where they have paid these contributions should
foot the bill.

But France will still pay for over 65s.

Old September 26th, 2007, 12:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

irwell wrote:

You didn't write anything. Why did you follow up to the lovely Runge?
Almost no one does that nowadays- even new readers.

Old September 26th, 2007, 10:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge4

Lol !!!!
For the upteenth time martin has plonked me
Leaking plonks
Martin the cretin...I think the name horne called you is right

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 00:52:51 +0100, (David Horne, _the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

irwell wrote:

You didn't write anything. Why did you follow up to the lovely Runge?
Almost no one does that nowadays- even new readers.

He does it all the time.I've plonked him.
--

Martin