picking your seat

Old October 22nd, 2003, 11:19 PM
Scott Hastings

Default picking your seat

If I order an airline ticket from a website like orbitz or expedia, will I
get to choose my exact seat like I could if I bought it from the airline's
website? Thanks in advance.

-Scott

Old October 22nd, 2003, 11:46 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Scott Hastings" wrote:

If I order an airline ticket from a website like orbitz or expedia, will I
get to choose my exact seat like I could if I bought it from the airline's
website? Thanks in advance.

yes
Old October 23rd, 2003, 02:09 AM
Mark

Actually, sometimes, depends on the site. I've bought from sites before
where immediately after buying your tickets you need to call the airline to
get seating. Most of the better sites have seating charts to pick from.

Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:34 AM
Not the Karl Orff

In article , "Mark"
wrote:

Actually, sometimes, depends on the site. I've bought from sites before
where immediately after buying your tickets you need to call the airline to
get seating. Most of the better sites have seating charts to pick from.

You can pick seats swhen and after you purchase (and anytime before
departure) at AA, AS and NW. No idea about CO and DL. Can't remember
US.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 07:03 PM
Mike Cordelli

It depends on the site and the airline. But if you can't, or the seats you
want aren't showing as available, then call the airline and try.

Old October 28th, 2003, 09:30 PM
sassy_q

I booked a ticket on Orbitz not to long ago and they asked me if I
wanted a Window or Aisle seat. So i know for sure that you can do it
there. If not, then I would purchase the ticket and like everybody
else said--call the airline right after. But I've never had any
problems with Orbitz!

Old October 31st, 2003, 06:22 AM
NiceDane

You can expect in general to be able to book a seat when you do it
from the airlines own website.

For travel portals like Orbitz, Opodo etc. it depends on the link and
service contract between the airline and the company distributing
their flights to that website.
For a site like Opodo, they use the engine of Amadeus, which means you
can for sure book seats with all the airlines who use Amadeus as their
own system i.e. SK, BA, QF, LH, IB, AY, TG, AF etc.
Old November 3rd, 2003, 10:40 PM
sassy_q

Have you guys heard of the new Care Alert feature on Orbitz. It's
pretty cool. Well I think they have always had it, but they have
enhanced it recently. Now you can sign up to get your travel alert
when you want it and where you want it. And you can send your
information to friends also. Pretty cool. Does anyone use this
option?