Need to go from Seattle to Lynnwood,WA

Old May 29th, 2009, 08:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
singlemalt

Default Need to go from Seattle to Lynnwood,WA

I know I can take the Amtrak from Seattle to Edmonds, but once in Edmonds is
there any public transportation to Lynnwood? Would I be better off renting a
car in Edmonds and driving? Thanks,JW

Old May 30th, 2009, 02:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

"singlemalt" wrote in message
m...
I know I can take the Amtrak from Seattle to Edmonds, but once in Edmonds
is there any public transportation to Lynnwood? Would I be better off
renting a car in Edmonds and driving? Thanks,JW

You'd be better off taking the city bus. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website view over 3,600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI, and

Old May 30th, 2009, 02:16 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mark Brader

I know I can take the Amtrak from Seattle to Edmonds,
but once in Edmonds is there any public transportation to Lynnwood?

You *can* take Amtrak, but that's a a short trip on a long-distance
train (thus subject to significant delays) and infrequent as well.
There is also a commuter train service operated by Sound Transit,
but that's not very frequent either.

However, Sound Transit also operates an express bus from Seattle to
Ash Way that makes a stop in Lynnwood. Route 511 is the one you want.
This is a much more frequent service and would be a sensible choice
for you.

Bus service within and between Edmonds and Lynnwood is provided by
Community Transit.

For Sound Transit see http://www.soundtransit.org. For Community
Transit see, you guessed it, http://www.communitytransit.org.
Note: both web sites have PDF maps that may cause trouble for some
PDF-viewing software.

Would I be better off renting a car in Edmonds and driving? Thanks,JW

If you prefer to have a car, why not just rent it in Seattle and drive
the whole way?
--
Mark Brader "This must be a serious issue!
Toronto It's spawned a new interjection!"